Dog poo bags as litter

I'm probably going over old ground with this. I spent yesterday morning walking around Wyming Brook out towards Redmires collecting left dog poo bags. I filled a carrier bag full. Am I missing something. Is it OK to leave them and I'm just being a bit pathetic.

If you are one of the people who leave them I really would love to know the justification.

The excuse of "I'm collecting it on the way back" doesn't wash I'm afraid.

I was wondering this myself actually. I noticed the other day in Shirebrook valley that people had gone to the effort of scooping only to leave the bag on the floor. I didn't understand the logic, especially as there are bins provided.

I HATE this!

I'd actually rather more places took the attitude they have at Sherwood Pines - don't bag it, but flick it away from the path with a stick. At least it'll break down then not have horrible bags of poop hanging around for months if not years!

I'm a dog owner and I hate this. I think they must pick it up because someone's watching, then they can't be bothered to carry it to the next bin so as soon as nobody's looking, they throw it.

Although I must admit, I have occasionally done the 'collecting it on the way back' thing if I know there's no bin in the direction I'm going. But I do ALWAYS collect it on the way back! And I hide it somewhere that nobody else is likely to come across it or see it.

I love coming into the pet group to tell us off about leaving our poo bags :hihi:

Ok sorry about this but I do leave my bags sometimes if there is no bin on the walk, I leave it by the side of the path so that Its obvious and I don't forget it because I do always pick it up and take it home on the way back.

It is ridiculous and I have to agree that people are disgusting leaving them all over, and obviously they are not collecting them they leave them there, it seems really pointless, I know poo isn't nice but at least it naturally rots down to nothing in time but once its in the bag it will stay like that for years and it really does become litter, I really don't understand the thinking behind it at all.

I'm a dog owner and I hate this. I think they must pick it up because someone's watching, then they can't be bothered to carry it to the next bin so as soon as nobody's looking, they throw it.

Although I must admit, I have occasionally done the 'collecting it on the way back' thing if I know there's no bin in the direction I'm going. But I do ALWAYS collect it on the way back! And I hide it somewhere that nobody else is likely to come across it or see it.

^^^What she says. If I leave it by the path I also leave a marker and collect it on the way back.

I HATE this!

I'd actually rather more places took the attitude they have at Sherwood Pines - don't bag it, but flick it away from the path with a stick. At least it'll break down then not have horrible bags of poop hanging around for months if not years!

This is my solution. My lot usually 'go' in undergrowth and I flick it away from where anyone would walk in it. It's a natural, degradable biological substance, and will be gone in a couple of days. Obviously, if one was to mis-judge and poo on the path, then I would pick up and take home.

What's wrong with picking it up with the bag, throwing the poo into the undergrowth then tie bag and put back in your pocket, you've carried the bag that far anyway. It's no extra weight.

What's wrong with picking it up with the bag, throwing the poo into the undergrowth then tie bag and put back in your pocket, you've carried the bag that far anyway. It's no extra weight.

Well in theory the whole idea is to take the poo and dispose of it without leaving it behind, I would much rather take the poo in the bag and dispose of it, once poo has been in a bag I certainly wouldn't want to carry it around in my pocket :gag:

Yea I hate this, why bother picking the dog poo up in the bag to leave it!!! I hate seeing them hanging of trees and bushes too :-<

Just a point....my friend picked up after his dog in Graves Park big field where there are no bins, and left the bag by the path to collect on his way back. He'd not walked far when the dog warden stopped him and fined him as it's illegal not to remove it at the time......