Is Granville Road Safe?

High can anyone tell me if Granville Road S2 is a good area for students? is it safe?

Thanks

It's not a bad place to live.

It's very popular with students, there's loads of "himo" houses (homes in multiple occupation: bedsits etc) and there's a huge student village development just off the main road. (that's mostly sheff hallam )

Be warned, there is a bail hostel virtually next door to the student village, so you'd need to be security conscious, and vigilant. (but if you are vigilant, then you shouldn't have problems)

You woould have the norfolk heritage park on your doorstep. wonderful for a stroll, just about year-round.

It's close to the supertram and regular buses run along Granville Road to town and to the crystal peaks shopping centre. (tram also goes there)

The city centre is a ten minute stroll away, it's central for clubs like the Leadmill, the kingdom, "bed" and niche and s1 etc. if that's your scene.

Sheffield is a great place to live

PT

Originally posted by Plain Talker

Be warned, there is a bail hostel virtually next door to the student village, so you'd need to be security conscious, and vigilant. (but if you are vigilant, then you shouldn't have problems)

I'm assuming Nic will be living in the student village not the bail hostel so he shouldn't need to be that vigilant.

Hi,

You would be amonst like minded people, and I can think of far worse places to live around here.

Having spent most of my life here, I would live in that area.

cheap taxi home too after a night out :thumbsup:

Lived in the student village in 98 was a great place to live. Then in 2001 / 2002 lived just off on Granville road in the old Priory church on Norfolk Road.

All in all the nicest area I have lived. Also lived in Meersbrook / heeley and Highfields.