Blue Badge misuse at hospital visits

Get in the real world the misuse of disability cars is as rife as the misuse of the disability badge . People use them for there own personal use all the time and if you dont think so thats your problem :confused: And when these bonafide users drop their partners off at work they go on to do there own shopping and put the blue badge on suppose this is o.k. with you.

Nobody has said that abuse of the blue badge scheme doesn't happen. Nobody has condoned abuses of the scheme either. People have just corrected your assertions that the disabled person has to be in the car whenever it is used.

Get in the real world the misuse of disability cars is as rife as the misuse of the disability badge . People use them for there own personal use all the time and if you dont think so thats your problem :confused: And when these bonafide users drop their partners off at work they go on to do there own shopping and put the blue badge on suppose this is o.k. with you.

Of course abuse of the system, misuse of blue badges, misuse of Motability cars is not OK and nobody has said that it is OK.

However, the things that you are claiming that you're seeing are not necessarily abuses of the system.

Apart from the few miles driven by the guys from the dealership picking my car up for service I can guarantee that every mile that my car has ever driven it has had me behind the wheel. Nobody other than me is insured for my car. Ditto, my blue badge lives in my car and only leaves the car if I'm going somewhere with someone else as a driver.

But when I was married and my ex-husband was insured to drive my car, it was perfectly legitimate to send him to the supermarket if I couldn't walk that day. He wouldn't have parked in the blue badge spots, but it's perfectly OK for him to drive my car to the supermarket to buy my shopping (because that benefits me).

And yet using the car for your own benefit is not on the list headed ' vehicle misuse '

And yet using the car for your own benefit is not on the list headed ' vehicle misuse '

LOOK at the insurance it says can only be driven by a named driver if driving car for the benefit of disabled driver. :suspect:

There should be heavy fines for families who abuse the blue badge system. Someone I know got in to trouble as they gave their son their blue badge who was working in another city! People who do this should have their badges taken off them for good.

But if I was to be foolish enough to let another use my Blue Badge and they were caught doing so, I would lose the it.

Misuse of the Blue Badge is a criminal offence and the maximum penalty is £1000. However, the precise position when parking on private land is not too clear and depends on the particular circumstances.

Some councils are very keen on enforcing the regulations and withdraw the badge in cases of misuse as well as prosecution of the offenders.

The regulations for use are perfectly clear - the concessions of the Blue Badge are for the badge holder only and in person.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/the-blue-badge-parking-scheme

I was in charge of car parking at a large hospital group and parking for the disabled was always a problem. In the end we moved all such parking spaces to very near the hospital clinic entrances and all other parking to more remote locations and then rigorously enforced the parking regulations. Several persons lost their blue badges as a consequence.

As a final point the blue badge enables parking in specific conditions. It does not entitle a person to park free of charge, this is a concegconfiscatinssion and not a right.

As to to wardens confiscating blue badges at hospitals ./ I cant as see how they can do this as its classed as private land so feel free you muppets to do as you obviously want.

As to to wardens confiscating blue badges at hospitals ./ I cant as see how they can do this as its classed as private land so feel free you muppets to do as you obviously want.

Who mentioned wardens confiscating blue badges?

I read "Several persons lost their blue badges as a consequence." as "Wardens reported several people misusing blue badges who subsequently lost them after an investigation by the appropriate authorities.".

LOOK at the insurance it says can only be driven by a named driver if driving car for the benefit of disabled driver. :suspect:

I say once again " and yet using the car for your own benefit is not listed on the ' vehicle misuse list'

I say once again " and yet using the car for your own benefit is not listed on the ' vehicle misuse list'

You cant drive a car without insurance./ there is no such list give over driving the car :suspect: Clearly says the car can only be driven if of benefit to the disabled driver. Do you understand what that means

Edited by spider1

You cant drive a car without insurance./ there is no such list give over driving the car :suspect: Clearly says the car can only be driven if of benefit to the disabled driver. Do you understand what that means

Do you not understand what 'using the car is not listed on the vehicle misuse list' means?

There is a list. Nothing like facts is there?

Here have a read.

http://www.motability.co.uk/understanding-the-scheme/use-of-your-car/

Edited by monkey104

Do you not understand what 'using the car is not listed on the vehicle misuse list' means?

There is a list. Nothing like facts is there?

http://www.motability.co.uk/understanding-the-scheme/use-of-your-car/

You must be a a woman. It states quite clearly that the vechicle is being misused if driven by by any one for there own benefit and not for the benefit of the disabled driver. [good grief] get back to your knitting woman:hihi:[ In the eyes of the law ignorance is no excuse.]

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 11:52 ----------

Any one on here who is getting hot under the collar about this subject is probably driving illegaly. Dont get mad at the Spider he is only trying to help. The repercussions for driving without insurance can be horrendous if invovled in a serious accident :suspect:

Edited by spider1

You must be a a woman. It states quite clearly that the vechicle is being misused if driven by by any one for there own benefit and not for the benefit of the disabled driver. [good grief] get back to your knitting woman:hihi:[ In the eyes of the law ignorance is no excuse.]

---------- Post added 09-05-2014 at 11:52 ----------

Any one on here who is getting hot under the collar about this subject is probably driving illegaly. Dont get mad at the Spider he is only trying to help. The repercussions for driving without insurance can be horrendous if invovled in a serious accident :suspect:

Here you go. This is taken from the motability website. I have highlighted it for you just in case.

Misuse would include:

Not giving the disabled person the benefit of the car

Driving whilst uninsured or banned

Using the car in a criminal act

Lending, sub-leasing or selling the car

Using the car for unauthorised business purposes, for example, as a taxi or delivery vehicle

Not taking proper care of your car

Please point out to me where it says that the vehicle is being misused if driven by anyone for their own benefit and not for the benefit of the disabled person.

Even you may would agree that it doesn't.

Oh and please punctuate your reply with some more of those infantile emoticons. They do may make me laugh so.

By the way, we don't have a motability car just disabled road fund licence and blue badge. I pay my own insurance so how would that work.

I await with bated breath.

Edited by monkey104