Oscar Pistorius Trial

Amazed at the brazen verdicts even though I saw this all coming from day 1 and it was confirmed early in the case when this judge started leading and bullying the state witness - everything against him is 'unreliable', everything for him is counted as gospel!

She'll be ordering compensation for him soon!

Edited by Mr Bloom

If ever i am unfortunate to find myself in court I want this judge.

Not, pray to God, if your daughter has been shot. :(

Amazed at the brazen verdicts even though I saw this all coming from day 1 and it was confirmed early in the case when this judge started leading and bullying the state witness - everything against him is 'unreliable', everything for him is counted as gospel!

She'll be ordering compensation for him soon!

Its incredible. Reevas family must be having a terrible time.

---------- Post added 12-09-2014 at 09:09 ----------

Found not guilty of possessing unlicensed ammunition?

I can seriously see this going to retrial. Drag on and on and on

Its incredible. Reevas family must be having a terrible time.

Apparently they seem to be coping far better than those more fortunate, and with a bit more dignity.

What a family is feeling isn't a knife I'd use to show faux concern through incredibility. It's obvious they're not having a spiffing time, and certainly not incredible, considering.

Why am I getting that John Cleese "Are there any women here today?" sketch feeling..:hihi:

Apparently they seem to be coping far better than those more fortunate, and with a bit more dignity.

What a family is feeling isn't a knife I'd use to show faux concern through incredibility. It's obvious they're not having a spiffing time, and certainly not incredible, considering.

Why am I getting that John Cleese "Are there any women here today?" sketch feeling..:hihi:

Theres nothing faux about my feelings. I can relate to te families situation. When you have lost a close family member to murder it sticks with you and you cant help but feel empathy towards other victims.

So, guilty of culpable homicide, not guilty on sunroof shooting, guilty on restaurant shooting, not guilty on ammunition posession.

Potentially up to a maximum of 15 years in jail. I still say he will walk.

---------- Post added 12-09-2014 at 10:03 ----------

On another note. The judge. Is she having trouble reading or something? She seems to make loads of mistakes, stutters a fair bit and seems to struggle quite often.

I think the judge needs to bear in mind she is sending out a message to others as well as sentencing him.

I think youre right though.

He will be on probation, non custodial and on bail till thats sorted!

Basically get off scott free.

Travesty springs to mind.

Well, I find it incredulous that, he seems to have got off the murder charge on basically a technicality. Because the judge seems to completely dismiss all of the prosecution arguments.

Common sense in my view would dictate that, if as he claims he heard someone or something, rose from bed. Didn't actually bother to check if Reeva was there still in the bed, got his gun....went down the hallway and into the bathroom...Didn't bother to shout or call out....and pumped 4 bullets into the door knowing whoever was on the other side would more than likely be killed.

Once he had made the first shot, surely Reeva would have screamed, wailed, made some sort of noise that he would have recognised as being female?....Yet he chose to pump a further 3 bullets into the door. That to me clearly displays intention to kill.

I have never understood why he couldn't have simply aimed his gun at the door (without firing) while he phoned the police. If a real intruder was in there and tried to come out, then perhaps he might have been justified in shooting.

And he certainly should have been concerned for Reeva's safety if he believed there was a potentially dangerous intruder in the house. Why did he not make sure she was safe at his side.

Everything I have read about the man seems to show him as a violent unstable individual.

As for the judge, she seems to be way out of her depth. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an appeal and a retrial.