Oscar Pistorius Trial

rubbish. The outcome of this trial would still have been seen as a total travesty even if it were a golf playing Akrikaner judge.

I think you made a point earlier relating to the outcome of the trial being a consequence of 'affirmative action'.

she is not all that successful. She has just flunked the biggest new South Africa court case, so obviously, and for all the world to see.
She doesn't strike me as someone who cares only about success and caring what the world think about her.

Those are not her priorities.

I did but the outcome of this trial seems so perverse, it would not matter if a black woman, a male Afrikaner golfer, or the Spider From Mars chaired it. Whoever did it, messed up.

there has got to be a retrial or big appeal of some sort.

she is not all that successful. She has just flunked the biggest new South Africa court case, so obviously, and for all the world to see.

The case itself wasn't that outstanding or "big". Thousands if not millions of inconsequentials around the world twittering and FB'ing made it what it is. If it was B on B in Soweto the whole thing would have been dead and buried by now. If you measure it in entertainment value it'll probably pull 3/10..if that.

I'm sure she'll survive your concern though.

I agree.

I stand corrected, I was accepting some information on that detail from somewhere else.

We'll just have to wait and see what the outcome is tomorrow.

The judge is even claiming that Oscar could not expect the person behind the door to be killed by all the bullets he fired. To me this is weird beyond comprehension.:huh:

We live in a world where an unarmed woman, hiding in a bathroom, and screaming for help can be shot four times and the courts will still say it's not murder.

but on the other hand it all could be a misunderstanding janie, Oscar just misunderstood when Reeva said that on Valentines day she wanted to be 'taken out'...

Edited by johncocker

It is obvious he didn't intentionally do it, let it go people! Uh Hu

He did it 100% intentionally! I don't care what he said.

Edited by skat man

I'm not sure this might have been pointed out earlier in the thread, but .....

Even had it been that Reeva was safely tucked up in bed and he went and shot an intruder...is that permissible in South African law?....Just because it was someone other than Reeva, would that have been ok....Pat on the pack shot a burglar, good fellow. Yes I know it wouldn't have been pre meditated...Just wondering :huh:

I think its the athletes lawor in the USA the oj club peter,

its a set of laws for athletes and another set for non-athletes. You can get away with almost anything if only you can throw a ball well and run like you've got a rocket up your arse.

---------- Post added 12-09-2014 at 04:02 ----------

The Jury system was abolished during the apartheid period wasn't it, probably for an understandable reason at the time.

He's not going to walk away scot free is he? he will be charged with manslaughter, a minimum of 15 years. The judge is not known for giving lenient sentences apparently.

I still question the state of his mind, even though Psychiatrist reports say he isn't suffering from a mental illness, what normal person would fire a gun in a crowded restaurant as he had done a few weeks before Reeva's death.

I think she secretly thinks he was trying to kill the toilet door.

hello. This is the Cape Argus newsdesk looking for a lead. We want to know what age, did the judge ever pick up a telephone, and is there a picture?

I can't understand that the judge has more or less stated that he is guilty of culpable homicide ( should be a lengthy sentence...mmmmm) and allows him to go home. She dosn't remind him of his bail conditions or change his bail conditions. Surely he should have been locked up to await his sentence. I think he will turn up but if it were me I think I would have legged it.

I can't understand that the judge has more or less stated that he is guilty of culpable homicide ( should be a lengthy sentence...mmmmm) and allows him to go home. She dosn't remind him of his bail conditions or change his bail conditions. Surely he should have been locked up to await his sentence. I think he will turn up but if it were me I think I would have legged it.

She sent him home without them. :hihi:

His smirking half laugh of astonishment said it all. He can't believe he's not going to get a top whack sentence. He must be PHSL

Acquitted of firing a gun through the car sunroof.