Missing rabbit HELP PLEASE

So do mine but I put them away before dark.

They would not be alive in the morning if I didn't..

Sorry I might not have been clear. Mine are out at 515am and in f around 830pm. They just have the full garden during day light x

Sorry I might not have been clear. Mine are out at 515am and in f around 830pm. They just have the full garden during day light x

I have mine free range in the bunny shed but if they are in the garden I like to be around to watch over them , they are very naughty, but there is always outside dangers , from birds of pray to foxes etc and humans !!

I have mine free range in the bunny shed but if they are in the garden I like to be around to watch over them , they are very naughty, but there is always outside dangers , from birds of pray to foxes etc and humans !!

My garden is really private would be a miracle is they escaped and would be very difficukt for a human to access too but yes you have to be careful of predictors. Really strange thing is years ago before I had chickens I had so many cats on my garden (I love cats) since around a month or so after getting my chickens I haven had one.

Exactly. But if you read the OP, it says the rabbit was let out at tea time and was still in the garden the following morning. So it's obviously out all night. And the garden is obviously accessible to humans.

Exactly. But if you read the OP, it says the rabbit was let out at tea time and was still in the garden the following morning. So it's obviously out all night. And the garden is obviously accessible to humans.

Gosh yes it does I've just gone back to the post. Sorry. I totally agree. My chickens are locked away safe as soon as darkness appears. A rat or anything could attack along with foxes as stated above

My garden is really private would be a miracle is they escaped and would be very difficukt for a human to access too but yes you have to be careful of predictors. Really strange thing is years ago before I had chickens I had so many cats on my garden (I love cats) since around a month or so after getting my chickens I haven had one.

If they are anything like my cat, they are scared of chickens. We live next to a farm, and my cat always gives the chickens a wide berth, I think it is to do with the size of the bird, and the way they move.

Maybe it would help if you said what area of Sheffield you lived in

seriously?

my rabbit has full run of the garden which is safe and secure.

the window cleaner must have left the gate open.

I am looking for help and advise NOT CRITISISM

It really can't be that safe & secure if the gate can be open and closed at any point during the day,maybe a padlock on the gate would make sure this won't happen again.

Hope you get the bunny back soon,I know there's someone that used to live on my road that left their bunny out all day even though their garden was used by next door as a walk through to their house & the bunny was allways escaping.luckily each time a neighbour found the rabbit on the street & took it back!

I used to leave my rabbits out 24/7 too, with the hutch doors open and numerous cats nosying around too. I think keeping them locked up in hutches all day and night is cruel so don't feel guilty for letting him/her out! all animals need exercise and some freedom :)

In your original post you asked for advice........people are always very quick to criticise on here rather than advise so I'll give you what I can! From my experience, if he has bolted (when window cleaners probably left the gate open), or dug himself out somewhere where you can't see ... he will probably find his way home but it might take time.

My neighbours let their rabbit out all day, he is constantly digging and hiding under the decking but he always turns up again. I think that rabbits, like all animals know where there home is, he/she just might not get home as quick as a cat or dog would.

If you need any help searching or postering just message me ok, I'm not far away

Good luck! xxxxx

I used to leave my rabbits out 24/7 too, with the hutch doors open and numerous cats nosying around too. I think keeping them locked up in hutches all day and night is cruel so don't feel guilty for letting him/her out! all animals need exercise and some freedom :)

In your original post you asked for advice........people are always very quick to criticise on here rather than advise so I'll give you what I can! From my experience, if he has bolted (when window cleaners probably left the gate open), or dug himself out somewhere where you can't see ... he will probably find his way home but it might take time.

My neighbours let their rabbit out all day, he is constantly digging and hiding under the decking but he always turns up again. I think that rabbits, like all animals know where there home is, he/she just might not get home as quick as a cat or dog would.

If you need any help searching or postering just message me ok, I'm not far away

Good luck! xxxxx

Well im sorry but I think leaving your rabbit out 24/7 is just cruel.Of course they need exercise but they can get that in a secure run.

No way would I leave my pets out at night for Fox food .And they WILL come eventually.

Well im sorry but I think leaving your rabbit out 24/7 is just cruel.Of course they need exercise but they can get that in a secure run.

No way would I leave my pets out at night for Fox food .And they WILL come eventually.

That's your opinion. However My rabbits lived very happily with not a fox, bear, snake or eagle in sight for 8 years so I'm all for letting them have the run of the garden, the OP would clearly never have left her pet out if she was in the slightest worried!.:rolleyes:

This forum riles me sometimes, people come on here asking for genuine advice and these are the type of responses they get! what makes it worse is more often than not the people asking for advice are clearly very upset.

angelstar as I said if you need any help please message me I would be glad to come and help you to look for bunny! There are still some caring folk in the area :)

Yes shes very upset because she left her rabbit out unsupervised,its either run away ,hiding somewhere hopefully,or been eaten by a fox.What more to be said.