How to stick fondant icing together?

Hi :)

I've decided to make my daughter a birthday cake using fondant icing to decorate. I'm having so many problems trying to stick fondant icing together to make flowers and bows etc. I've made these before in the past with no problems, but this time no matter what I do I just can't get the rose petals to stick together. I've tried wetting it, jam, melted chocolate, sugar and water, buttercream, piping icing, and nothing will stick it together. I can't remember what I did last time to make it stick, maybe I used a different technique. Straight after sticking, I put it in the fridge and come back half an hour later to find the whole thing collapsed. Can anyone help please?

Edible glue from a cake decorating supplier would be your best bet I think!

Have you tried egg white ?

No I haven't tried egg white, thanks for the tip. Would it be ok for kids to eat with raw egg?

---------- Post added 11-04-2014 at 19:56 ----------

Edible glue from a cake decorating supplier would be your best bet I think!

0oooh I didn't know about edible glue! Thank you :)

You're very welcome, best of luck!

No I haven't tried egg white, thanks for the tip. Would it be ok for kids to eat with raw egg?

If you are concerned about using raw egg white, you can buy dried egg white which is safe.

I got some edible glue and I am SO pleased with the results! I've only decorated a few cakes in my life, but I think this is pretty good for a novice, even if I do say so myself :)

http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/bubble3082/library/Facebook/Kaceys%20birthday%20cake

Please ignore the paint on the table, my little madam had been busy :)