Good tech repair shop in Sheffield?

Hi -- have a pair of headphones that needs a new jack on it. Current one appears to have a short. One place wanted £30 for it, which seems like quite a lot. (Glad to be corrected if I'm not being fair.)

Does anyone know of a firm that can do simple repairs without costing the earth?

Thanks!

What headphones are they?

Thanks, yellowperil; thanks Ghozer. They are some old Sennheiser noise cancelling headphones. The jack is the size that fits an iPhone.

They do a solder on type but it wont be moulded to your cable.

The other way is to strip the headphones and fit a new lead with a moulded plug on,that would be more expensive but you could have a longer lead if you required.

Tbh, £30 could easily be a fair price. I dont know any musical repair shops but going on what other types of repair places charge for there services then it could be about right. Most places charge an hourly rate of around £50 an hour, that plus materials and half an hour to do the job could easily add up to £30.

The cost of repairing things is why we live in a throw away society nowadays. we were quoted over £400 to repair our washing machine the other day for a £45 part. Obviously we bought a new one for far less.

I would say if the Sennheiser's cost over £75 then they are probably worth the repair.

Nova Electronics in Attercliffe. I'm sure it will only be a few quid.

£30 is no where near reasonable..

new plug... £1 TOPS..

and a 10 minute job to fit it...

Done it myself a few times...