Fox poo and dogs

hi our mastiff did the same but i can confirm that rubbing in ketchup before washing does work dont know why but it does hope this help in case it happens again x

Thank you, it will happen again and before the week is out :hihi: How long do you leave the ketchup on before washing?

Thank you, it will happen again and before the week is out :hihi: How long do you leave the ketchup on before washing?

I just got a dollop and rubbed it in well she looked a idiot with a patch of red sauce .I washed it out more or less straight away good luck with it .my young pup has done so he had the same treatment x

I'm gonna try the ketchup after i pick the lumps of whatever dead thing or poo off an im sure it won't be long before i do, so i'll let you know if it works for mine. Only thing is with mine being sausages people might get the wrong idea if they see me putting ketchup on them.

Oh mine does this! Its horrible! She runs off and escapes through the garden hedge when she feels the need to, and comes back about 30 minutes later after a run round the field on the back and shes COVERED in the stuff! I wont let her get anywhere near coming in the house so grab some fairy liquid and hose her down on the garden and clean her with that before she gets back in! Always just bath her later with normal dog shampoo! She prefers the hose to a bath anyway :hihi:

Glad to know I am not alone in this problem our young mastiff is constantly doing this when we walk her, dead things, and any poo at all she can find not just fox. Having to keep her on the lead most of the time now as it was just getting too much. I try and get her outside when she does it and hose her down on the part she has the pooey stuff on.

Tomato sauce rub it on the fox poo first leave a few minutes wash off then use normal dog shampoo wash and rinse.

Its so nice to know that I don't suffer alone :hihi:

Thanks everyone...he's not done it yet since the other day, we are doing well, I will post about my ketchup and vinegar experiences once I try it! :D

:cool:Mm folks reading this with interest as my house always seems to have a ' certain pong ' about the place.

Mine likes to roll on fox poo, badger poo, dead fish and animals... He also like to eat horse, sheep, cow and rabbit poos to, Aren't dogs such lovely things.... :-)

I've found Wilkinsons eucalyptus dog shampoo the best. My Lab adores fox muck too and when I first got him it was a daily ritual to roll. He got bathed everyday with the shampoo and cold water off the hosepipe and his coat was fine.