Bus drivers and disability passes.

Yes but no but yes but.......... the don't tar everyone with the some brush advice, drivers also need to follow. Treat a-holes with contempt fair enough, but don't take it out on the next person.

Guest busdriver1
Yes but no but yes but.......... the don't tar everyone with the some brush advice, drivers also need to follow. Treat a-holes with contempt fair enough, but don't take it out on the next person.

Agreed, but if you get 10 A*** holes in a row it can be difficult to switch off for decent folks.

Agreed, but if you get 10 A*** holes in a row it can be difficult to switch off for decent folks.

Yes but no but yes....etc. No excuses.

some interesting comments on this thread. (and some uncalled for derogatory comments) I am chair and union leader at first bus in Sheffield. If the original poster of this thread would like to contact me to discuss their concerns I'd be happy to talk to them.

I can be emailed on cumas.sheffield@firstgroup.com

Slightly different moan, not against the bus drivers but against the daft change in regulations!

My brother in law has learning disabilities and goes out to work 5 days a week (bus and a tram) for a small amount of cash - I'm talking about less than most kid's pocket money........:roll:

The changes have meant he can't get to work until almost lunch time and he's pacing the house until he's able to get the bus.

He sneaked off on one occasion and the journey cost him a weeks "wage"...

Originally his work offered to send taxis for everyone.........goodness alone knows how much that would cost!:confused:

Moan over......:rant:

Oh, just to add, he's a grown man....not a child.

It takes him 2.5 hours to get to work????? And if one journey cost him a weeks wage and he works 5 days a week, is he getting at least minimum wage for it? Doesnt sound like it.

It takes him 2.5 hours to get to work????? And if one journey cost him a weeks wage and he works 5 days a week, is he getting at least minimum wage for it? Doesnt sound like it.

No, he doesn't get anywhere near minimum wage - not sure how it works . It takes him at least an hour to get to work so he arrives around 11am.

No, he doesn't get anywhere near minimum wage - not sure how it works . It takes him at least an hour to get to work so he arrives around 11am.

I'd suggest he is being exploited then and his employer is breaking the law. Unless its an Apprenticeship of some kind.

I'd suggest he is being exploited then and his employer is breaking the law. Unless its an Apprenticeship of some kind.

No, I think it's more along the lines of voluntary work where he gets expenses for his lunch......

He'd happily "retire" tomorrow and stay home driving my elderly father in law crazy but he has a handful of years yet to go before he can ;-)

some interesting comments on this thread. (and some uncalled for derogatory comments) I am chair and union leader at first bus in Sheffield. If the original poster of this thread would like to contact me to discuss their concerns I'd be happy to talk to them.

I can be emailed on cumas.sheffield@firstgroup.com

I am the original poster, the whole point of this was to highlight the fact rightly of wrongly these vulnerable children, who quite clearly look like vulnerable children would be put off a bus and left to cope, one boy followed the tram track and then bus route to school, my son was able to explain re the pass but a passenger came to his aid.

These boy, had just stared doing independent travel, so it was huge for them. anyway as far as I am aware this problem is resolved.

my son who has the same pass both parts has been turned away on numerous occasions since the introduction of these extension passes he is at mainstream secondary, he catches the number 32 towards city school daily

Its called the Sheffield disease. Blame others for not wiping your backside, thinking for you, or just plain and simple not bowing and scraping to you.

I have never met so many disgusting people as there are in Sheffield. There are some really nice people as well but those poor souls get shouted down by the others. Information on the disabled "add on " pass was very slow in getting to bus companies. I know it was passed on VERY QUICKLY by First but not as fast as it was given to pass holders. I know that will not cut with those with an attitude but one or two sensible folks might read and understand it. The rest will be rehearsing their insults and attitude in readiness for their next bus journey.

I think there has to be at least a hand full of sensible Sheffielders who will be on the side of the drivers....without you guys we would be screwed! As for the moaning brigade will you pick on another sector or hush up....simples!:hihi: