Meadowhall "Smokers" booths kick out the cyclist

Leaving it out for 8 hours in the rain is not the same as riding it home in the wet.

And sitting on a wet saddle to start your journey is not the best thing.

It always surprises me how many don't use splashguards, then get worried about the bike getting wet.

Every time I see someone with a vertical line of mud on their back I say, there goes another one, but I have lost count now.

I think the point is that it rains and unless you stay indoors theres little you can do to stop it affecting your bike, regardless of where the smokers are.

Well your wrong, if its kept under cover then it won't get corroded, and if its raining before I go then i would take the car so I do have a choice

You could always wear the rolex watch and put the i.phone in your pocket,so i suppose cyclists could still spend a fair few quid.:hihi:edit,shane beat me to it.

I wonder how many Rolex wearer goes shopping on a bike :confused:

Put a plastic bag or cover on the saddle.

Riding it will help the water to ingress into the workings as the components for pedals,chain and steering move and allow water to penetrate.

And regardless of if its covered or not youll still get corrosion from condensation at the very least.

Put the bike in the car maybe!

It always surprises me how many don't use splashguards, then get worried about the bike getting wet.

Every time I see someone with a vertical line of mud on their back I say, there goes another one, but I have lost count now.

Last time I checked my back doesn't rust and neither does my waterproof jacket.

---------- Post added 07-04-2014 at 17:51 ----------

Put a plastic bag or cover on the saddle.

Riding it will help the water to ingress into the workings as the components for pedals,chain and steering move and allow water to penetrate.

And regardless of if its covered or not youll still get corrosion from condensation at the very least.

Put the bike in the car maybe!

It's pretty obvious that having it under cover for 8 hours is better than leaving it in the pouring rain, despite your attempts to claim otherwise.

Well your wrong, if its kept under cover then it won't get corroded, and if its raining before I go then i would take the car so I do have a choice

Why do people write such rubbish to a perfectly sensible question?? :mad:

I smoke and I don't like getting wet. Sounds like a good idea to me.

I smoke and I don't like getting wet. Sounds like a good idea to me.

I've been known to enjoy one or two myself, but that is wrong, turning a bike shelter into a smokers zone, don't tell me they haven't got enough money to erect a simple smokers shelter

Surely if it's raining a cyclist will get wet anyway? My cigarette won't light if it gets wet!

This could end up being as bad publicity for Meadowhall as the ill-advised parking company scoop was if the Star were to be informed of this. :idea:

This could end up being as bad publicity for Meadowhall as the ill-advised parking company scoop was if the Star were to be informed of this. :idea:

I must have missed this article, do you have a link?

I no longer smoke, and when I visit Meadowhall, I do spend a lot of money (Not that it matters to them - rent and parking penalties is all they are worried about). Fortunately Meadowhall allow "Vaping" which is good as a few places have banned it.

Its like all my birthdays coming at once.................. cyclists evicted and smokers given preference over then .

There is God :hihi::hihi: