Meadowhall "Smokers" booths kick out the cyclist

People still regularly ride, how many people do you know that still send telegrams?

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 08:56 ----------

If the none smokers got their way, they'd probably be banned from smoking under the bike shelter anyway!

They probably should be. Meadowhall should put up some separate smoking shelters.

Back to the bike shelter?

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 06:20 ----------

People used to send telegrams before email. What's your point?

His point is that riding a bike is normal. What's your problem?

His point is that riding a bike is normal. What's your problem?

So is smoking. What's your problem?

I think smokers have more right to have shelter as it's not just shoppers who smoke at meadowhall people work there and don't you think if the staff came back into work wet from the rain after a break it would be unprofessional to that company because I bet most of you who are complaining about the shelters would be unimpressed if a staff member approached asking you if need help wet through

A lot of people might be unimpressed if a staff member approached them smelling of cigarette smoke.

A lot of people might be unimpressed if a staff member approached them smelling of cigarette smoke.

Have you heard or mints and deodorant?

Smelling of Lynx, mints and cigarettes isn't much better than just smelling of cigarettes.

But there is products sold by other companies don't know if you have heard of it but its called deodorant what can cover it up and mints for your breath that' smell better then a damp staff member who would be wet most of the day like some one else saide here of it bothers cyclists that much use public transport instead

Have you heard of waterproof clothing?

i would rather be served by someone who has had a ciggy, and smell of smoke, over someone who has been stood outside in the rain without a shelter and have them smell like wet dog!

I'm not sure that this dichotomy you describe is a) real, or b) the point of the thread.

Smelling of Lynx, mints and cigarettes isn't much better than just smelling of cigarettes.

It's not hard to get rid of the smell of smoke. A wash and a little time is all you need.

i would rather be served by someone who has had a ciggy, and smell of smoke, over someone who has been stood outside in the rain without a shelter and have them smell like wet dog!

well, you know the saying, "Each unto his own." A wet dog to me smells adorable compared to stale cigarette breath and smoke-infused clothing. :gag: