Meadowhall "Smokers" booths kick out the cyclist

Most bikes these days are manufactured from Aluminium which does not rust. Neither do bikes made of Carbon Fibre or Titanium. You would only have an issue if your bike is made of Steel, and even then you'd only have an issue if the steel were exposed, which isn't usually an issue as most bikes are painted and lacquered. Any Aluminium bike that has certain components that may be steel (e.g drivechain) may be prone to rust, but this is usually due to lack of maintenance and attention. If you properly clean and lubricate your bike then rust should not become an issue. You would probably need to replace your chain because of chain stretch long before it would become rusty if you maintain your ride correctly.

And the chainset and cassette and chain, they're not ferrous?

This doesn't surprise me. The last time I rode to meadowhall I couldn't park in the "strictly bicycle shelter" because of all the motorbikes parked in there. Best thing to do is take a pic and send it to the directors at meadowhall. I'll try and post the email address of the guy whose responsible tomorrow. May be worth letting cycle Sheffield know as well as they can kick up a stink when they want to

Not all cars can park undercover at Meadowhall , so why should cyclists receive special treatment ?

There are covered, individual bike lockers at meadowhall near the oasis / cinema entrance. They've been there a while now.

Not all cars can park undercover at Meadowhall , so why should cyclists receive special treatment ?

Because you sit inside a car and on a bike. :loopy:

Its like all my birthdays coming at once.................. cyclists evicted and smokers given preference over then .

There is God :hihi::hihi:

the first five letters of your username seem to sum you up pal

it's the United Kingdom more rain then sun so should be prepared dont blame the smokers lol

it's the United Kingdom more rain then sun so should be prepared dont blame the smokers lol

So smokers shouldn't be prepared for the rain, but cyclists should expect to store their bikes without any shelter?

There are covered, individual bike lockers at meadowhall near the oasis / cinema entrance. They've been there a while now.

Yup and they are all too small so are useless

No one's blaming smokers. They use the facilities available to them. I blame Meadowhall management for descriminating against cyclists in favour of smokers.

Smoking is now an outdoor activity (in public anyway). As is cycling. Cycling has benefits, smoking has none (except to the individual needing to top up his bloodsteam with nicotine). If one has to give way to the other, smoking should give way to cycling. My opinion only, others might see it diffrerently. Ideally, in an "all-inclusive world" (spoken like a true politician) I would want to see seperate shelters for both.

What happens when you ride in the rain?