Meadowhall "Smokers" booths kick out the cyclist

Been to Meadowhall on my bike and they have taken away the covered bike parks for the Smokers which mean't when I got out my bike was wet because it had rained while i was in...Now am i right or wrong that this is a kick up the arse for cyclists who should be encouraged to do and a cozy den for the unhealthy smokers which this government are trying to discourage, got me right peethed

It is not like they haven't plenty of covered space available, did they move the bike racks elsewhere?

Yes just a few feet away, they have even put them seats in

So they didn't create another undercover area? Or is there not another existing area?

Is your bike made of cardboard? Im sure it will be ok.

So they didn't create another undercover area? Or is there not another existing area?

No, certainly not in the carpark I use but couldn't answer about the others, they left the rails out of cover..They could have at least used 1 of the 3 under cover bike parks for the smoking brigade and left the others

---------- Post added 07-04-2014 at 15:50 ----------

Is your bike made of cardboard? Im sure it will be ok.

Thats not the point and the point your missing is that smoking is encouraged here and cycling discouraged.

Rain eventually ruins the working mechanical parts and rusts the chain, at least if i am travelling home I can wipe it down if it rains, it ain't right

Maybe they (Meadowhall) are trying to do away with people on bikes knowing that they can only spend (and carry) so much before they stop. The smokers who maybe have come in a car, bus, tram or train could buy more. :hihi:

Maybe they (Meadowhall) are trying to do away with people on bikes knowing that they can only spend (and carry) so much before they stop. The smokers who maybe have come in a car, bus, tram or train could buy more. :hihi:

Thats not as daft as it sounds you may be right

I think the point is that it rains and unless you stay indoors theres little you can do to stop it affecting your bike, regardless of where the smokers are.

You could spend £20 000 on a watch or a diamond ring and manage to carry it home on a bike!

Thats not as daft as it sounds you may be right

You could always wear the rolex watch and put the i.phone in your pocket,so i suppose cyclists could still spend a fair few quid.:hihi:edit,shane beat me to it.

I think the point is that it rains and unless you stay indoors theres little you can do to stop it affecting your bike, regardless of where the smokers are.

Leaving it out for 8 hours in the rain is not the same as riding it home in the wet.

And sitting on a wet saddle to start your journey is not the best thing.