Origin Broadband Announcement

I'm pleased to let our customers know that Origin are now able to regrade/upgrade any customer's connection and/or migrate customers from other Digital Region suppliers seamlessly to our service if required.

The benefit here is that certain customers have tried to upgrade from our 24/10 OR 40/10 to a Max or other package since August and were unable to do so.

If you would rather have your existing DRL connection with Origin than the supplier you're currently with, we can bring you across and later migrate you to our new network as part of our plan for our own existing customers.

Please call our team between 8.30 - 8.30 on 0800 206 2333 if you would like more information on migrating your connection from another DRL supplier to Origin - or regrading your existing Origin Broadband connection to a faster speed.

There will be more updates from us very soon in relation to our plans following Digital Region's announcement that they intend to close their network.

Can you give an indication of how long Origin will be around?

A few hundred years would be my guess :)
Thanks Pete!...........I already am a happy customer so very re-assuring.

What does this mean for my connection? I'm with Origin (40/10), there are no other fibre providers in the area, from what I understand DR is winding down in the next few months, so what will happen to my speeds/fibre connection?

What does this mean for my connection? I'm with Origin (40/10), there are no other fibre providers in the area, from what I understand DR is winding down in the next few months, so what will happen to my speeds/fibre connection?

Hi Bonjon,

We will look at your specific circumstances and offer you the best connection we can in light of this. I'm currently investigating various residential options for our customers and if we can do something on that front, we'll let you know when we contact you about your migration.

Hi Bonjon,

We will look at your specific circumstances and offer you the best connection we can in light of this. I'm currently investigating various residential options for our customers and if we can do something on that front, we'll let you know when we contact you about your migration.

Hi Pete what does it mean for us in Stannington (residential customers).

Edited by Ghozer

Hi Pete what does it mean for us in Stannington (residential).

---------- Post added 07-04-2014 at 12:05 ----------

Hi Pete what does it mean for us in Stannington (residential customers).

If you call us, a member of staff will take a look for you :)