Learning Italian.

All Brits abroad can speak Italian. Example (spoken at high volume):

"OI LUIGI, TWO-O BEERS-O, OVER HERE-O PRONTO-O, OKEY-DOKEY-O AMIGO?!" :hihi:

that's not Italian. That's Portuguese.

im British born had Italian Parents speak fluent Italian, i did voluntary work teaching English to foreign Students, and few were wanting to learn Italian but not prepared to pay !!!!

Roxy

---------- Post added 14-04-2014 at 18:52 ----------

I am an Italian man living in S10.

I am educated to postgraduate level, and I have had some previous experience of teaching Italian to non-native.

Is Anyone interested in?

i was born in Sheffield but had Italian parents, i speak it fluently , i also taught English to foreign studentson a voluntary basis and many wanted me to teach them Italian but not prepared to pay

Foxy78

Hello there, I haven't been on the forum for ages in fact you could say its been about 8 years maybe. Anyway they do say the best way to learn another language is to submerge yourself in the lingo..

The only problem with tutors is the cost. Mine at the moment charges £8 per hour sounds alright until the hours tick over.

There must be somebody out there that doesn't mind friendship with the added bonus of improving English whilst I improve my Italian..... why always the cost.

Rosetta Stone and all the rest are robbers too.

A very frustrated Italian language beginner. Custardo:(

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 11:59 ----------

In fact I have a spare room, I would be prepared to offer a room in exchange for Language tuition..... Maybe an Italian student. I don't know there must be a way around the cost.

Any suggestions......

£8.00 is cheap , most would charge at least 12.00 an hr , i would charge 10.00 hr , and i think an hour is enough, you dont really need to have a spare room to learn, but it helps , i would do at home but i use my spare room for my job as a massage therapist,

foxy78

I kinda meant that I could provide lodgings in return for Italian lessons... just blue sky thinking of course. (Maybe a short term exchange student or something)