Can any rescue help Harvey? *Sad Update*

Thanks Moonbird. I was quite upset by the message. Making any money from him never even came into my head! It's just not something I would even think of doing! She also seemed to be under the impression that the person I'm rehoming him to is going to use him for breeding!

I agree that there's no need for him to take up a rescue space when it's not necessary. I know he's going to a good home where he will be vaccinated, neutered, chipped and loved. If I didn't believe this was going to happen, he wouldn't be going there! I have only this dogs best interests at heart and I know I'm doing the right thing by him :)

Aww that`s lovely Angel that you`ve found Barney a home and he won`t be going into rescue. I know since last weekend that you`ve only had his best interests at heart.

He was all you talked about at work last Saturday, or worried about should I say :) Ignore the nasty people, you would move heaven and earth to help any animal in need and as for wanting to make money out of him that has got to be a joke, anyone who knows you knows different Xxx Have a lovely life Barney boy.

Edited by Jackie2141

Thanks Jackie. You know what I'm like, I don't usually care what other people think of me but she just really annoyed me!

I'm not going to let what she said bother me anyway, I know I've done the right thing for Barney and he's going to be happy so that all that matters :)

Im not loking forward to waving him goodbye, hes been like part of the family. Iknow its best for him though

Im not loking forward to waving him goodbye, hes been like part of the family. Iknow its best for him though

I can imagine. I only had him with me for an afternoon and I fell in love with him! His new owners are so lucky!! :)

Well Barney has now gone off to his new home, good luck to his new owners x

Aww, bless him. God luck Barney. Be good :)

Thank you so much for all your help Peaches! Really can't thank you enough xx

Hi,

I am the new owner of this dog, his name is now Harvey, I picked him up Friday afternoon. We took him to the vets had his first vaccination. I noticed that he was bumping into things, drooling, walking around in circles, not eating his food and lack of energy. Over the weekend they got a little better but last night they started again.

Tonight we took him to the vets and were told it could be a liver shunt and if theres no improvement in 24 hours the vet says it might be better putting him to sleep.

We really love this dog and don't want to lose him and would be grateful if anyone has information on this and other ways than surgery which I was told would be very costly and may not work.

We really need any help possible.

Thanks,

i wonder if the original owners already knew the pup had this?(first owner not fosters)

Peaches...was he displaying any of the above behaviour at yours?

It could possibly be the reason why they dumped him in the first place :(

On the day I picked him up, he was fine. He was a typical bouncy puppy, full of energy. I only had him with me for a few hours and I was knackered by the end of it! There was no drooling, no walking in circles, nothing at all that gave me any cause for concern.

I'm aware that the new owner is blaming me for Harvey being ill. He sent me a very unpleasant text saying so. But the reason I didn't take him to a vet is because he showed no signs of needing to see one.

Its becoming clear that the people to blame for how Harvey is now is possibly the breeder, and obviously the old owner that must have seen that he was not right and put him outside without trying to help him.

This is a really awful situation for all concerned, especially for Hackwood whose family now love Harvey and of course for poor Harvey himself, but no one could have seen this coming because the owner told no one.

Poor little Lad I hope that its not all as bad as it sounds, he so deserved this chance.

I was sorry to hear about what is happening with Harvey, I hope that it turns out to be something more easily managed and that you can get Harvey better :(