Can any rescue help Harvey? *Sad Update*

I've spoken to the potential owner and he sounds lovely. I'd like to keep in touch with him, see how Barney settles etc.

Barney is a cheeky monkey so is definitely going to keep the gent on his toes!

Yeah, he does seem lovely :) I'm glad Barney will be going to live with him.

I has quite an offensive message from a lady on Facebook this morning though who is disappointed that I decided not to send him to rescue. She now disbelieves my 'story' about the Chinese man and seems to think I rehomed him myself in order to make money from him! So I'd just like to assure everyone that I have NOT sold this dog. No money has changed hands during any of this. (I've tried to give Peaches some money to cover the cost of his food but she won't accept it!)

Just ignore it hun, some people are out there purposefully to create an argument

Gorgeous dog, actually Just seen a very similar one on facebook that has been found on the cross if you know anyone missing one. I actually thought of this one when I saw the picture on there, and thought I had better check he hadnt got out or something.

Nooo its def not him, hes upside down in his crate snoring :hihi:

It does look like him, I've just seen it on Facebook too. If it was him, he'd have had a bit of a trek to get all the way back to my house from Peaches!

I live very close to where the one on Facebook was found and I've never seen that dog around here before. I hope he finds his owner soon, bless him.

---------- Post added 10-04-2014 at 20:20 ----------

The one has Facebook has now been reunited with his owner :)

Fab new :)

Just shows the potential importance of having your dog chipped!

Yeah, he does seem lovely :) I'm glad Barney will be going to live with him.

I has quite an offensive message from a lady on Facebook this morning though who is disappointed that I decided not to send him to rescue. She now disbelieves my 'story' about the Chinese man and seems to think I rehomed him myself in order to make money from him! So I'd just like to assure everyone that I have NOT sold this dog. No money has changed hands during any of this. (I've tried to give Peaches some money to cover the cost of his food but she won't accept it!)

That's shocking, people can be so awful, why should this dog have to go into a rescue when he has a really good home to go to? he wouldn't do any better from the rescue than he is doing now...why take up a rescue place when its not needed and just for the sake of it when a much more needy dog could have that place?

I can vouch for Angel22 that she has not sold the dog on or made any sort of money from him.

I fear that *peaches* is right and that people just like to provoke an argument and cause upset, let her think what she likes!

Thanks Moonbird. I was quite upset by the message. Making any money from him never even came into my head! It's just not something I would even think of doing! She also seemed to be under the impression that the person I'm rehoming him to is going to use him for breeding!

I agree that there's no need for him to take up a rescue space when it's not necessary. I know he's going to a good home where he will be vaccinated, neutered, chipped and loved. If I didn't believe this was going to happen, he wouldn't be going there! I have only this dogs best interests at heart and I know I'm doing the right thing by him :)

Thanks Moonbird. I was quite upset by the message. Making any money from him never even came into my head! It's just not something I would even think of doing! She also seemed to be under the impression that the person I'm rehoming him to is going to use him for breeding!

I agree that there's no need for him to take up a rescue space when it's not necessary. I know he's going to a good home where he will be vaccinated, neutered, chipped and loved. If I didn't believe this was going to happen, he wouldn't be going there! I have only this dogs best interests at heart and I know I'm doing the right thing by him :)

All that you have ever done is try to help the dog, no wonder a lot of people look the other way is it?

I'm afraid that I have had the same rather unpleasant and hurtful experience of being attacked by "rescue people" (none on here) some become so bitter, twisted and un trusting that they can only see the bad in people and that is all that they want to see.

No matter what you say they won't believe you, they won't listen, they just know that they are the only trustworthy people in the world and everyone else is out to breed or somehow hurt the animal in question...don't get me going :hihi:

Its not worth a reply really she won't believe you and will just get a rise out of berating and hurting you...blah!