Sheffield Half Marathon is a shambles

DeathAxe went quiet, wonder why?

The bus that they get on which is usually diverted, was not diverted at all on that day.

---------- Post added 17-04-2014 at 12:40 ----------

Sorry that I left you longing for me, guys.

The bus that they get on which is usually diverted, was not diverted at all on that day.

Maybe the bus wasn't affected this year due to the Half Marathon running a different route? Or maybe the bus just forced it's way through the runners beeping it's horn? Or maybe all the stories about the 4000 runners that still running was council propaganda?

What explanation can you come up with?

You people really need to lighten the hell up, geez.

You people really need to lighten the hell up, geez.

Translation: "I made it up, sorry guys"

There are quite a few things made up on here. The most notable being the notion that this was not a council mess. It was.

One of the "supporting sponsors" of the event was Sheffield City Council Major Events Team. They were on board to provide the organisers with infrastructure and support. It was a woman from that team who was supposed to liaise with Water Direct, and she messed up. Everybody knows it, but it's being kept out of the press. It's not been on the radio or in The Star since the middle of last week. Why is that? Well, the next event that the Major Events Team are working on is the Tour De France. Highlighting a major foul up by them just before they take on the biggest event in the world is deemed worrisome.

So it was a council mistake.

But how do you keep the press quiet? Well a quick check on the website shows that two other sponsors were Radio Sheffield and The Star! How this ties up with any idea of impartiality is beyond me, but they were sponsors none the less.

On the day, Radio Sheffield's coverage was woeful. Despite the biggest story since the 2007 floods unfolding in front of them, they carried on their pitiful Treasure Hunt show, so anybody tuning in just got silly noises and self indulgent laughter. I switched on to hear what was going off, but all i heard in twenty minutes was a report from a giggly girl talking about "Dunkirk Spirit". It made more on the national news than it did on Radio Sheffield.

Admittedly there were interviews on the morning show for the next two days, but since then hardly a mention. Same in The Star. Good sponsors.

I suppose they dont want to upset the Council and the PR company that handle The Half Marathon, as it will make things difficult for them. Shameful.

There are quite a few things made up on here. The most notable being the notion that this was not a council mess. It was.

One of the "supporting sponsors" of the event was Sheffield City Council Major Events Team. They were on board to provide the organisers with infrastructure and support. It was a woman from that team who was supposed to liaise with Water Direct, and she messed up. Everybody knows it, but it's being kept out of the press.

Evidence?

Translation: "I made it up, sorry guys"

Or translate it as his bus wasn't diverted as he expected it to be but the explanation he came up with was probably not correct on reflection.

Bit rude calling someone a liar.

One of the "supporting sponsors" of the event was Sheffield City Council Major Events Team. They were on board to provide the organisers with infrastructure and support. It was a woman from that team who was supposed to liaise with Water Direct, and she messed up. Everybody knows it, but it's being kept out of the press. It's not been on the radio or in The Star since the middle of last week. Why is that? Well, the next event that the Major Events Team are working on is the Tour De France. Highlighting a major foul up by them just before they take on the biggest event in the world is deemed worrisome.

So it was a council mistake.

But how do you keep the press quiet? Well a quick check on the website shows that two other sponsors were Radio Sheffield and The Star! How this ties up with any idea of impartiality is beyond me, but they were sponsors none the less.

On the day, Radio Sheffield's coverage was woeful. Despite the biggest story since the 2007 floods unfolding in front of them, they carried on their pitiful Treasure Hunt show, so anybody tuning in just got silly noises and self indulgent laughter. I switched on to hear what was going off, but all i heard in twenty minutes was a report from a giggly girl talking about "Dunkirk Spirit". It made more on the national news than it did on Radio Sheffield.

Admittedly there were interviews on the morning show for the next two days, but since then hardly a mention. Same in The Star. Good sponsors.

I suppose they dont want to upset the Council and the PR company that handle The Half Marathon, as it will make things difficult for them. Shameful.

Provide some evidence.

2 weeks and barely a word from the organisers.

Unacceptable in my book.

The people of Sheffield and those who travelled from other city's to be turned away deserve better.

Unacceptable in my book.

The people of Sheffield and those who travelled from other city's to be turned away deserve better.

Got to agree with you Fudbeer. It's all gone eerily quiet.

Unacceptable in my book.

No offence intended but I, and everyone I know, don't really care about it.

Unacceptable in my book.

You won't get an answer as they cocked up