Sheffield Half Marathon is a shambles

Have you never heard of a joint action? Usually the very sniff of one would have the desired effect.

TONKATOY what are you talking abouyt what has SIC got to do with the hal;f marathon and why are you talking about a joint action?

So Tonka what are you suggesting? That there are directors in Sheffield Marathon Ltd who are also directors in SIV now or at some time in the past (besides the one that resigned) and that this will lead to some form of action against SIV?

Deano what are the different versions?

According to the list of Directors of Sheffield Marathon Ltd. none are listed

as directors of SIV

According to the list of Directors of Sheffield Marathon Ltd. none are listed

as directors of SIV

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Henchman View Post

Further to the statement issued by the organising committee on 8 April (quoted in a previous response), and in my earler post (#826), According to Companies House web-site, one of the directors of Sheffield Marathon Limited resigned on 8 April 2014. A person by the same name is the Financial Accountant of Sheffield International Venues Limited.

So why did that director and member of the organising committee resign if investigations are still ongoing?

I have no idea.

I was just confirming that none of the Directors

of Sheffield Marathon are Listed as a Director of SIV

How many of these are directors of Sheffield Marathon Ltd?

The company will not have any money to pay lawyers so they will be trying to get advice for free.

They need advice on a number of issues.

1. The dispute with supplier.

2. Legal not to offer refunds?

3. If they have to offer refunds, then who to and how much?

4. How do they decalrethe organisation insolvent and deal with that?

5. What are their personal liabilities and those who have given guarantees.

There is a very real prospect the issue could force them out of business, which is great for those baying for blood, but the bigger picture is there will be no half marathon.

Is the current company the only one that's allowed to stage a half marathon in Sheffield? If they go bust (or just pack it in after the fiasco), couldn't someone else set up a new company, free of the baggage and hopefully with some fresh blood to carry on the torch from the previous company.

There are certainly plenty of people on here and elsewhere that want the event to continue, among them there must be some willing to lead or assist, or contribute to it's running...or at least have experience in running companies successfully? Maybe even try and include the council.

Good question sheff71. I expect anyone could run it if they managed to get the licence for it from UK Athletics. Maybe a combination of sheffield running clubs? Point is would people really want to run it with all the flack and abuse these people have been getting? A lot of its understandable but i doubt id want to be a driector who had his guarantee called in and was now faced with paying any shortfall.

Btw sheff 71 no idea whats going on of course. Thiose are the areas they would have to consider and have hinted at following their response to the request for refunds. I feel sorry for most of the people there who have done nothing wrong at all.

Tonkatoy still dont get your point. Why are you talking about joint actions , the council and SIV? Who are you suing and why?

Edited by 999tigger

Dear oh dear what a mess. I will refrain from commenting further until we hear the outcome of the investigation.

Dear oh dear what a mess. I will refrain from commenting further until we hear the outcome of the investigation.

If we ever hear of the outcome:suspect:

If we ever hear of the outcome:suspect:

Yeah! :|

Lots of second guessing here. All we have is about 40 odd pages of speculation :D

Lots of second guessing here. All we have is about 40 odd pages of speculation :D

Exactly..... read a few recent posts but it's really not getting us anywhere.

Exactly..... read a few recent posts but it's really not getting us anywhere.

Tbh I thought thats what forums were for. Forums dont really get you anywhere.