Sheffield Half Marathon is a shambles

Can you not read? Sheffield City Council had no part in this fiasco. Sheffield Half Marathon is organised by a team of volunteers, not the council.

Please get your facts right before sounding off.

Thank you for that councillor Orange! ;)

have you thought it may not be the council providing the water and they may have sourced it from a supplier?

Either way, planning a delivery on Race Day....think about it.....

Ok. Try The Chair of The half marathon organisers Margaret Lilley.

I have to say She sounded a little worried on the news

^ How to look like the biggest self-obsessed moronic arse, and do it all by yourself. Well done that man.

Well, you're a bright chap aren't you? Does the first line of any of your arguments always start with personal abuse?

My point is that there are ample places where runners can run to their hearts content without causing public safety issues that necessitate road closures. In any other situation where the actions of a few cause inconvenience and annoyance to the many it would be classed as anti-social behaviour. For some reason, sporting activities seem to be exempt from this rule.

Ok. Try The Chair of The half marathon organisers Margaret Lilley.

I have to say She sounded a little worried on the news

Soon to be the ex-chair, no doubt.

If this is correct (I'm not doubting it) then people who post on here after being told this and blame the Council are going to look very stupid.

Hey look sheffield forum people.

IT IS NOT ORGANISED BY THE COUNCIL!

I think you and I are wasting our time. People are too busy frothing to take notice of the words "not organised by the council".

Are the roads open yet,Attercliffe area?

Soon to be the ex-chair, no doubt.

... only if she doesn't have a leg to stand on! :(

My point is that there are ample places where runners can run to their hearts content without causing public safety issues that necessitate road closures. In any other situation where the actions of a few cause inconvenience and annoyance to the many it would be classed as anti-social behaviour. For some reason, sporting activities seem to be exempt from this rule.

Then you are free to argue against the holding of the race any day of the year. Gloating about the cancellation just makes you look like a....well, I stand by my original statement.

Anyway, no need for me to say any more, the runners and spectators have given you a better two fingers by carrying on regardless :hihi:

Perhaps you could learn something from them and find a way to carry on going about your legitimate business and surmounting a minor obstacle, instead of sitting there whining. It makes your signature look quite ironic!

Well, you're a bright chap aren't you? Does the first line of any of your arguments always start with personal abuse?

I think that if you look you'll find most of Sheffield is more than happy to host the half marathon on it's streets, with what is overall a minor collection of diversions.

The only ones affected are stuck inside some selfish bubble whereby they think that their trip to Meadowhall taking an extra 5 minutes shouldn't be sacrificed in order to please the many, many thousands who do want to run the race, and the many thousands who would benefit from the charity donations (that would only be achieved by hosting a race properly on the streets - if it was run in parks and waste land it wouldn't attract anywhere near the same numbers and as such raise the same amount for charity).

Are the roads open yet,Attercliffe area?

Well the police have now said its pointless stopping them from running if they want to and they are keeping the roads closed.

This should explain it all?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-26910318