Subsidised travel for people on benefits.

I have been unemployed in the past and I got no help. I found a job and I work hard I feel no shame in spouting your so called sanctimonious ********* . I didn't ask for any help and I didn't expect any help. I pay my own way whether it be transport or whatever. I don't feel that I should subsidise other people through my taxes. Or maybe I should stay home all day sign on the dole and claim every thing I can. What does Vulcan B2 think about that

*I* think "You're all right, Jack, and you're pulling up the ladder".

May I suggest that you neither grow old, or become sick? I worry that that may knock some of the sanctimony out of you...

Just under 9 years ago when I was called to go for an interview I had less than 1.50 in my pocket from my benefit. It was the day before I got paid. I couldn't walk for the interview as I have a health condition that would make that impossible.

If it hadn't been for my dad, I wouldn't have been able to get to my interview and back. That 'loan' from my dad was the difference between me getting the job and not in my view. Yes I was paid the money back from the Job Centre once I proved I went to the interview. But that isn't the point.

Benefit money does not always stretch far enough. Every little does help when looking for work, and I do not want to be sat around on my arse when I am made redundant in a few months time.

May I suggest that you neither grow old, or become sick? I worry that that may knock some of the sanctimony out of you...

Not only am I pulling up the ladder I am holding the ladder and hiring it out as well.when I become too old or sick too work I will not rely on benefits but on the wise investments I Have made in my life through my own hard work. I have never had to rely on others and don't intend to. I have worked hard all my life so don't expect me to feel guilty for what I have achieved.

Not only am I pulling up the ladder I am holding the ladder and hiring it out as well.when I become too old or sick too work I will not rely on benefits but on the wise investments I Have made in my life through my own hard work. I have never had to rely on others and don't intend to. I have worked hard all my life so don't expect me to feel guilty for what I have achieved.

Then aren't you lucky enough to have had the health and the ability to earn enough to make wise investments? Some people aren't that lucky, or that clever, or that healthy.

I'm one of those people. At the moment as well as my other health problems, I can't walk. What do you suggest I do instead of relying on handouts?

I insured my income before I got ill, but that's based on my income before I got ill which means it pays relatively less every year.

It is not luck it is hard work I am living the life I want to live through because of the choices I made

It is not luck it is hard work I am living the life I want to live through because of the choices I made

So again, what do you suggest that those of us who aren't capable of that level of work do? It's a serious question BTW. I'd like to think that your answer is better than 'I'm alright Jack'.

Unfortunately I don't care about other people I also did not write the Im alright jack reply. I am not selfish but I focus on myself and not others I believe everybody is responsible and answerable for their own destiny

Unfortunately I don't care about other people I also did not write the Im alright jack reply. I am not selfish but I focus on myself and not others I believe everybody is responsible and answerable for their own destiny

As I said above:- make sure that you never become old or sick.

---------- Post added 06-04-2014 at 22:21 ----------

So again, what do you suggest that those of us who aren't capable of that level of work do? It's a serious question BTW. I'd like to think that your answer is better than 'I'm alright Jack'.

Medusa. just to say, for some reason, despite it being very simple to "quote", Mark103 managed to foul up on the quotes. I commented in post that his attitude was I'm alright jack.

I said

He also does not see the irony/ contradiction of his comment that he "doesn't care about other people", but he's "not selfish".

Personally I think he's a sanctimonious judgmental plonker, who lives in an ivory tower, someone who expects that age or sickness will never visit him. When they DO come to stay, it will be one almighty bite on the backside for him. one heck of a reality check.

---------- Post added 06-04-2014 at 22:25 ----------

Medusa, to add, apologies, I didn't see, when I thought I was excusing mark's arrogance, above, that he WAS being boastful about pulling up the ladder. (I'm surprised, I didn't think bridges HAD ladders! *cough*)

I have been renting my house for 3 and a half years ....

......when I become too old or sick too work I will not rely on benefits but on the wise investments I Have made in my life through my own hard work.

So when you're old I only hope you own your own home by then unless your investments will be paying the rent, which I doubt. Why haven't you invested in a home?

If it snows heavy then only 4x4's should be allowed on the roads. Everybody else should stay home

You like to tell everyone what to do, don't you. Mark says off the road everyone. It's snowing

What about your wife and children?

Le Maquis you are so sad. I use the forum for my own info. Yes I own my on hoe yes I own a few properties yes I own a 4x4

What is your problem

---------- Post added 06-04-2014 at 23:03 ----------

My wife and children are fine they want for nothing especially money for job interviews

Mod Note:

Please remain civil to one another and refrain from personal attacks.

If you are unable to do so, the thread could be closed.

Thank you.