What route should I take

Wanting to go into town tomorrow by car from Hillsborough but as Langsett is closed for tram works and Penistone road closed due to marathon anyone any suggestions how i might get there . I would prefer to park behind John Lewis ,the small car park opposite the old fire station .If that's not possible then I could leave it somewhere off west street .

Thanks !

Holme Lane, Rivelin Valley for a few yards then left on to Watersmeet, Rivelin Bank, Walkley Bank, right onto Walkley Lane, left at the lights onto South Road and follow the main road to Brook Hill roundabout.

2nd exit off roundabout then right just after the church and that brings you onto West Street.

Something like this

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp#fromNode=0|S6%202PB||-1.500777|53.401056|toNode=18260021821922|S1%204HF,%20Sheffield|STREET|435011|386975

It depends where in Hillsborough you are coming from. South Road is really just on the Hill and parallel to Infirmary road. Its similar to Longcols suggestion, but you can get yp to Walkley sooner than having to go up Holme lane and then Rivelin valley. Just look at the map and you can see easily the journey in.

Tigger your route incorporates Penistone rd ,I thought the whole of Penistone was closed !

Longcol your route looks ok .Thanks !

Tigger your route incorporates Penistone rd ,I thought the whole of Penistone was closed !

Longcol your route looks ok .Thanks !

Gah it did because the link didnt change.

Just go to the link and then type in the Via box south road, it readjust the journey then to the one I was suggesting. It was from the Pizza shop at Hillsborough corner to JL car park.

Edited by 999tigger

Thank you both of you .

Uf toy are coming form the Malin Bridge direction then obviously use one of the ways up the hill from Rivelin Valley road. they all go to the same place if you look at the map.

Are you sure Penistone Rd is really closed for the half marathon? It isn't part of the route and it's not on the list of closures:

http://www.sheffieldmarathon.com/info/roads

http://www.sheffieldmarathon.com/info/route/

Admittedly you might still have trouble getting to John Lewis car park but I think most of the roads are opened up by the time shops open.

Right thanks probably getting mixed up with that race instead .