Ronys pork legendary pork sarnies

I think someone mentioned it above that the change of ownership means they are no longer as legendary as they used to be. Legendary I think would mean two things, taste and value for money. Think I will make some this weekend. Good crackling and properly cooked stuffing always help. I get what you mean when you get that watery slop some of them sometimes use.

Yes, it amuses me that when a business changes hands the new owners nearly always put a sign up saying,under new ownership,as if that automatically means it's better.

Yes, it amuses me that when a business changes hands the new owners nearly always put a sign up saying,under new ownership,as if that automatically means it's better.

I thought that they put that there as a courtesy to say that "please do know that it is not the same chef". Or if you close ties to the previous owners, then that they have moved on or something. That is how I normally see it. Not necessarily if their goods are as good. I normally do not expect it to be the same.

From experience, I find that chefs have their particular way of doing something more often than not. Something "that" bit different.

Rony's always amused me as being the only Jewish-owned pork butcher I know. I have not had a pork sandwich there but the ham is good.

44 Years ago when I worked there with Howard and his dad the original Roneys it was legendary then

Pork dripping was made straight from all roast pork everyday lots of gravy

The butchers at Meadowhead (by Barclays bank) sells pork sarnies that are HUGE! The amount of meat in them is amazing! The staff are very nice, all the 'home made' really is, I had a shepherds pie recently, it was wonderful. The quiches have lovely crispy pastry. Well worth a visit!!

I thought that they put that there as a courtesy to say that "please do know that it is not the same chef". Or if you close ties to the previous owners, then that they have moved on or something. That is how I normally see it. Not necessarily if their goods are as good. I normally do not expect it to be the same.

From experience, I find that chefs have their particular way of doing something more often than not. Something "that" bit different.

Yes but I have known quite a few businesses going downhill after a management change as well.

If the business has recently changed hands,then why are they still promoting the legendary pork sarnies,on a chalk board outside the shop ???

When its obviously clear they are just a box standard pork sandwich,nowt to boast about.

That is a good point ! :hihi: I think that is called "marketing"... ;)

"Good for you but not good for you."

"Is not the same chef or the same family, but it is still "Roney's"...." (Er, no it is not.)

:)

If you're near Greenhill shops there is a deli that sells pulled pork sarni's!!

Wow is all i can say!!

Hot with all the trimmings...better than Bere's i reckon:D

Which one?

Apologies for butting into ur conversation but i feel i had to join to put some form of balance into the thread. Roneys is an excellent butchers, serving locally sourced meat and excellent sandwiches. It may have been recently taken over, but this was about a year ago i think and the majority of the staff/owners worked at the old Roneys anyway so i fail to see how there can be any major change?? I work up the road on Sharrow Vale and regularly visit for dinner sandwiches and find the criticisms a bit hard to swallow (excuse the pun). I've also been shopping weekly in there for the past 2 years and find the quality of the meat the best around.

Praps it was just an off day (as we all have them!) and i think worth another try!

beres at hillsbro the best you can get in sheffield in my opinion and the cracklin melts in your fillings

beres at hillsbro the best you can get in sheffield in my opinion and the cracklin melts in your fillings

No arguments there. Can't beat Beres.