Road Sign at "DKYES HALL Rd"

Well there is a new road sign at the junction of Ben Lane and Dykes Hall Rd but it actually reads DKYES HALL RD.

Anyone else noticed it?

I can't believe no-one noticed it from manufacture to installation.

I noticed a spelling error on a bus advertisement last week.

It was for the insurance company Allianz and worldwide was spelt without the "l".

Girls high school had a sign put up following their Ofsted inspection and it said 'Excellent in every catergory'....it's unbelievable that these signs make it through to completion without anybody noticing the spelling mistake. I imagine it was quite embarrassing for girls high as well as being ironic.

Well there is a new road sign at the junction of Ben Lane and Dykes Hall Rd but it actually reads DKYES HALL RD.

Anyone else noticed it?

I can't believe no-one noticed it from manufacture to installation.

Don't you dare criticise this,you'll find yourself on the spelling police thread.Don't you know that spelling doesn't matter?:hihi:

Maybe its the old english spelling :hihi:

Edited by solarman

Ha -I been past & havn't noticed -but they they missed a letter out of my road Marlcliffe -last year & i sent an e-mail to council -it was changed a few days later. Think person who makes these must be dyslexic!!

Even dyslexic people need a job, tho probably not doing road signs

---------- Post added 06-04-2014 at 10:59 ----------

Mind you, looking at the new road signs being put up at Meadowhead and the road markings perhaps thats how its supposed to be?

I used to live just off Gipsyville Estate in Hull, the word was only spelt correctly on one sign, every other sign read "Gypsyville"

someone needs to spell check before they print :D

There was a driving school on Middlewood Rd which for years had three 0s in the school bit.

Many years ago, the tools shop opposite Highfield Vet's on London Road bore a large, hand-painted sign stating "Screwrdrivers"....

There's a road in Darnall that's "Wilfrid Road" at one end and "Wilfred Road" at the other.

Hope they're very careful when they do Hunterhouse Rd and Trap Lane