They all wait until it goes dark and drive around with the front fogs on,

Try living in China is it, where they commute with face masks on to prevent inhaling the filth that pollutes their cities.

I saw one cyclist with no lights, texting, no hands on the handlebars & it was pitch black. A future organ donor no doubt!

how?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I always am amazed when people here flash me in the Volvo (which has permanent daytime running lights) it has been advised to drive with lights on during the day in the Netherlands and Germany for years now. There is really no reason not to.

how?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I remember doing this years ago as a kid in the park to show off (in the daylight), its relatively easy lol

I remember doing this years ago as a kid in the park to show off (in the daylight), its relatively easy lol

As a teenager I once took on a bet where I would drink ten bottles of beer (and opening them myself with my lighter) whilst cycling circles without hands on the bars. It earned me a tenner. I also smoked two cigarettes whilst doing it. This is where being Dutch is really useful, it can earn you money and free beer.

No, I mean, how did the person SEE them

Not advocating riding without lights in the dark but the irony of "I SAW a cyclist without lights in X circumstance" is never lost on me

Yeah, total morons some of them, I was walking my little girl to school, and the amount of cars that passed us without lights on speeding down Prince of Wales was incredibe, I was told off by my daughter for swearing at them!

PUT YOUR BLOODY LIGHTS ON!!

Yeah, total morons some of them, I was walking my little girl to school, and the amount of cars that passed us without lights on speeding down Prince of Wales was incredibe, I was told off by my daughter for swearing at them!

PUT YOUR BLOODY LIGHTS ON!!

Me and the Mrs do that when we're driving and see cars without lights on in those conditions.

A few years ago it was very foggy on a Boxing Day. I was turning right across the oncoming traffic on the A61 in High Green and I never saw a car coming up the hill because he/she didn't have his/her lights on. Fortunately as I started turning my Wife noticed him/her and screeched at me to stop.

If I'd been on my own he/she would have hit me head on, purely because he/she was too stupid to make himself/herself visible.

Regards

Doom

Yesterday I drove from Crosspool, through Crookes and then onto hillsborough and was totally amazed at the number of drivers driving without any lights on at all. I thought I'd seen it all, then in the evening whilst walking the dog (both of us wearing high viz coats) I saw a cyclist riding along our road with no lights on. Why do they do this, are they that special they can be seen in the dark, or is it because they cant be bothered to put them on????:loopy:

I would guess that these are the same people who drive around for the rest of the year with fog lights on!

Yes seen a fair few with no lights on at all. And then there are those with daytime running lights on which is fine for the front but there are no rear lights.

Aren't you nullifying your own argument by saying you saw them?

You saw them and they had no lights on, so unless you have very special super power eyes which can see things other people can't...everybody else saw them too, done.