Yesterday I drove from Crosspool, through Crookes and then onto hillsborough and was totally amazed at the number of drivers driving without any lights on at all. I thought I'd seen it all, then in the evening whilst walking the dog (both of us wearing high viz coats) I saw a cyclist riding along our road with no lights on. Why do they do this, are they that special they can be seen in the dark, or is it because they cant be bothered to put them on????:loopy:

Yesterday I drove from Crosspool, through Crookes and then onto hillsborough and was totally amazed at the number of drivers driving without any lights on at all. I thought I'd seen it all, then in the evening whilst walking the dog (both of us wearing high viz coats) I saw a cyclist riding along our road with no lights on. Why do they do this, are they that special they can be seen in the dark, or is it because they cant be bothered to put them on????:loopy:

I came across the same thing in the early hours of this morning, so many without their lights on and it was barely day light not to mention the fog. Crazy.

usually just young and stoopid, carol ;)

completely ignorant of the danger they're in :(

even cyclist like myself had the sense to wear florescent jackets and have lights on, just shows who has common sense ;)

I saw one cyclist with no lights, texting, no hands on the handlebars & it was pitch black. A future organ donor no doubt!

passed loads of cars this morning and this evening with no lights whatsoever - absolutely invisible until they are within a few feet .... flashed a few of them, but clearly they are clueless

I saw one cyclist with no lights, texting, no hands on the handlebars & it was pitch black. A future organ donor no doubt!

Well spotted!

See them all the time, crazy people. Get some lights!

when most people are been desensitized 24/7 then common sense is affected the lack of it !

Probably a case of people getting too reliant on the tech in cars - auto headlights.

I have mine set to come on automatically when the sensor on the screen thinks it's dark enough and in most cases it gets it right, but this morning I knew it was 'dark enough' due to fog to put them on but the car thought it knew better

It really winds me up too, when people in fog coloured cars drive around in the fog with no lights on. Total fools.

6 points and a grand fine should do it.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android