Unlocking a mobile phone

so I am looking to unlock my mobile. I gather that I need to put in a sim card that does not work on my network, and enter an unlock code. I understand this bit. what I want to know is , when I have done this can I put my original sim card back in ,will it work with my original provider and retain my phone number? I am on payg. so I want to use up my credit before I swap networks.

so I am looking to unlock my mobile. I gather that I need to put in a sim card that does not work on my network, and enter an unlock code. I understand this bit. what I want to know is , when I have done this can I put my original sim card back in ,will it work with my original provider and retain my phone number? I am on payg. so I want to use up my credit before I swap networks.

This bit you can do.I change sim cards when go abroad and then return my original sim card with all the original data on it. I unlocked mine via the internet but I have forgotten how.

It depends what kind of phone it is, some can be simply done by entering an unlock code these days, I've just unlocked my HTC Wildfire S, as it was locked to Vodafone and I was switching over to 3.

I bought an unlock code off ebay for 99p (some shops were wanting to charge upwards of £10 to do it for me!)

I took my Vodafone sim out, popped in my 3 sim card, booted up my phone, obviously the phone wanted me to input an unlock code, did that, and within less than 2 mins, was sorted, my vodafone sim still works in the phone, but I wont use it now!!

SORTED!!

Ring your provider and ask for the unlock code. Just say your going on holiday and want to use the phone on a local sim.

If its a samsung.... theres an app for that! :D

To answer your question, yes it will be fine. A sim unlock just allows a phone to use any network simcard. Simple as that

Edited by stimpy