Healthy 'fast food' outlets, are there any?

In fact, I still don't go more than once or twice a year. It is a lifestyle choice I made :thumbsup:

Wow, how do you manage that, I have to go several times a day. :)

I wouldn't have any problem saying these things to your face.

I don't know you or what your weight is. But if you choose a lifestyle that has a detrimental effect on your health and well being through bad eating habits, then you've made a stupid choice.

Your body is the most precious thing you get. You wouldn't fill your car with cheap, bad quality oil or petrol, yet some 'choose' to endlessly fill their body's with an excessive amount of bad food to the point where they kill themselves.

That is stupid.

Some people would say that people who never eat junk food or drink alcohol are stupid.

It is possible to enjoy yourself and still be healthy.

I wouldn't have any problem saying these things to your face.

I don't know you or what your weight is. But if you choose a lifestyle that has a detrimental effect on your health and well being through bad eating habits, then you've made a stupid choice.

Your body is the most precious thing you get. You wouldn't fill your car with cheap, bad quality oil or petrol, yet some 'choose' to endlessly fill their body's with an excessive amount of bad food to the point where they kill themselves.

That is stupid.

I am a big fella, 6,2 around 20 stone. I made a stupid mistake as a teenager and that was to start body-building. Created lots of muscle-mass and thought I looked like Adonis himself but when I discovered that being a student equates night life I stopped from one day to the other and started drinking. I lost quite a bit of muscle but never the weight - once you start eating like a carnivorous horse to build up your carbs and the like it is a difficult habit to lose, even when you replace it by drinking like a whale.

But, I fully accept that I made the mistake, it was my choice and I don't regret it at all. I am proud of who I am, what I achieved and where my life is going.

I am sure you know plenty of overweight people, you don't tell them the rubbish you are posting on this forum, no matter how often you claim that you would. In your heart you know you are being mean, spiteful and unfair and the only reason you are posting this stuff here is because of the veil of anonymity that you are using to get away with it.

Hm, you got me thinking. Well, between eating vegetables that does not go off (:hihi:) To eating meat that is not meat but looks like meat, but salted, which option would you go for ? I would rather eat the vegetable one. At least it'll make me feel better.

The difficulty is that if you have a fresh store selling food of this calibre, they need to go and get fresh produce each day. Or unless local farms get in on the same and not cut and crop the produce until it is ready for consumption and create this shorter "farm to shop" concept, which seems to be back in vogue now.

But I guess is not as fresh as European standards though. In the US, Subway is a very very big deal because it is fresher and had vegetables, when many others chains couldn't do it. That is why their "eat fresh" logo really worked. Now UK has gone the other way.

You make it sound like I have to choose one or the other?! I'd eat neither! If I want junk food, I'd go to a takeaway for a Chinese or a curry.

Wow, how do you manage that, I have to go several times a day. :)

I enjoy my wife's cooking a hell of a lot better than the rubbish you can get at these chains ;)

I am a big fella, 6,2 around 20 stone. I made a stupid mistake as a teenager and that was to start body-building. Created lots of muscle-mass and thought I looked like Adonis himself but when I discovered that being a student equates night life I stopped from one day to the other and started drinking. I lost quite a bit of muscle but never the weight - once you start eating like a carnivorous horse to build up your carbs and the like it is a difficult habit to lose, even when you replace it by drinking like a whale.

But, I fully accept that I made the mistake, it was my choice and I don't regret it at all. I am proud of who I am, what I achieved and where my life is going.

I am sure you know plenty of overweight people, you don't tell them the rubbish you are posting on this forum, no matter how often you claim that you would. In your heart you know you are being mean, spiteful and unfair and the only reason you are posting this stuff here is because of the veil of anonymity that you are using to get away with it.

Even his avatar is wearing a mask!

Some people would say that people who never eat junk food or drink alcohol are stupid.

It is possible to enjoy yourself and still be healthy.

I totally agree. See my post #87.

You make it sound like I have to choose one or the other?! I'd eat neither! If I want junk food, I'd go to a takeaway for a Chinese or a curry.

Woah, I was just chatting. I have not said anything about telling you what to do. You said that the Subway is still not a good option, I was merely telling you what I would do. Not telling you what you should do. It is indeed a lesser evil of the options available to be honest, in my honest opinion. If you compare fairly about it. To me, I have a hierarchy of choice. If the best solution is not possible then I go for the next option just to meet my goal, and then the next and so on and so on.

It's good to see you admit that you made the error. Choosing to drink excessively and remain overweight is silly thing to do. But we live and learn.

As for your final point, it's too black and white. Those who are close to me I would and haver told when I thought they were overweight, and have advised when I thought they were doing the wrong thing about it. People less close to me you have to be more delicate with - that's what our society expects of us. I wouldn't boldly offer that information, but if asked I wouldn't lie - I'd rather hurt their feelings than see them kill themselves.

But all this detracts from the OP. Bad food is only bad when it is eaten to excess.

Edited by F. Sidebottom

It is genetics. My wife doesn't easily put weight on. I do - I could easily put on stones very quick if I wanted to. I know this, and I allow for it, and I eat accordingly. Nothing stopping anyone else doing the same.

---------- Post added 04-04-2014 at 15:41 ----------

I don't understand what you are getting at. The OP claims that bad menus in certain places cause health and weight issues in society.

I disagree - I argue that eating this 'bad' food in moderation is not the cause of the problem. It's eating too much bad food too often. I cite myself as an example - I eat the menu's quoted on occasion, yet remain healthy.

The stupidity/ignorance I quote is from those that eat and drink badly yet fail to realise why they are overweight.

And if they do know, yet choose to do it repeatedly then it's laziness or weakness.

You're married? I bet the wedding was fun. "Put that cake down fatty!!!! Stop being weak!!!" yelled in her face. No wonder she doesn't put weight on. ;)

You're married? I bet the wedding was fun. "Put that cake down fatty!!!! Stop being weak!!!" yelled in her face. No wonder she doesn't put weight on. ;)

For better or worse, not better or fatter. :D

It's good to see you admit that you made the error. Choosing to drink excessively and remain overweight is silly thing to do. But we live and learn.

As for your final point, it's too black and white. Those who are close to me I would and haver told when I thought they were overweight, and have advised when I thought they were doing the wrong thing about it. People less close to me you have to be more delicate with - that's what our society expects of us. I wouldn't boldly offer that information, but if asked I wouldn't lie - I'd rather hurt their feelings than see them kill themselves.

But all this detracts from the OP. Bad food is only bad when it is eaten to excess.

Ah, now we are getting to the reasonable state of discussion that one should expect even in anonymity. I actually agree with you now that you use this tone.

It is indeed our individual duty to warn those that we love and care for when they do something in excess. I can't remember how often my wife told me to quit smoking, but I have and it is better for both of us.

I eat around 1400 calories a day and hardly any fat by the way, I easily get my 5-a-day. I might drink more than the recommended 1-2 units a day, but other than that I am making very conscious decisions about my life. I enjoy a drink from time to time, I have already given up plenty of other vices to let completely go of this one. But that is only a matter of time as well.