Healthy 'fast food' outlets, are there any?

You're married? I bet the wedding was fun. "Put that cake down fatty!!!! Stop being weak!!!" yelled in her face. No wonder she doesn't put weight on. ;)

Fear and anxiety alone can have a detrimental effect on body mass...or equally the lack of it. Fear and anxiety can also be interpreted as bullying..as has been suggested by Tim.

I went to Subway today for a nice healthy sandwich and they had ran out of bread!?! How can this happen?

Fear and anxiety alone can have a detrimental effect on body mass...or equally the lack of it. Fear and anxiety can also be interpreted as bullying..as has been suggested by Tim.

There is actually a lot of emotional eating too in this society, and it is becoming more obvious. A detachment of one's action to one's intent.

I did manage to watch the tv show this week online. "Secret eaters". It showed how disconnected the couple was from their own actual situation and it needed intervention from another source to capture their actual action because it has become such an intense habit already. Breaking a habit is actually quite hard, especially when from a young age, you associate and connect something to what you think it is.

Sometimes self respect and "defiance" is also another trigger as well. To eat more because someone else is trying to stop you from doing that something.

Something which I don't think's been mentioned much is price. A lot of the fast food outlets are cheap, but the healthy option places tend to be more expensive. Salad and fruit day in day out is also boring and cold. Not much fun in winter.

Something which I don't think's been mentioned much is price. A lot of the fast food outlets are cheap, but the healthy option places tend to be more expensive. Salad and fruit day in day out is also boring and cold. Not much fun in winter.

This argument always confused me... would you rather pay 4,50 for a proper fish and chips or 8£ for a tasteless American burger with some droopy french fries and a drink?

These outlets (McD, KFC, Pizza Hut etc.) are definitely not cheap.

This argument always confused me... would you rather pay 4,50 for a proper fish and chips or 8£ for a tasteless American burger with some droopy french fries and a drink?

These outlets (McD, KFC, Pizza Hut etc.) are definitely not cheap.

Cripes, where are you going to get cod and chips for less than a fiver? MDs prices might be out too. Burger King are unusually expensive for what you get though.

I wont order out tonight I will make a homemade meal for the family it's healthier.

bob will have a burger and chips, Melissa will have fish fingers and chip, and Lisa will have chicken drummers chips and cheese. ..... Funny Because when we order out its the same thing!

Cripes, where are you going to get cod and chips for less than a fiver? MDs prices might be out too. Burger King are unusually expensive for what you get though.

Trawler's Catch near the old Castle Market. You could back then. It is now closed and moved on I think.

To me, good food is good food. But sometimes, you do get quite attracted to the marketing, and the packaging and so forth, rather than to see the items for itself and actually go for the taste.

One thing I never used to understand about Sheffielders are that they will criticise and complain about others being snobbish, but then when it comes to food, they do not differentiate the difference between wholesome fresh food served in a not so nice surrounding to going to a place with good service, but with bad food. It really baffled me an awful lot. This is why I often say that marketing truly works and is active in this country. To me, it is actually more snobbish to go for packaging than to go for fresher ingredients and food which is meant to be more nutritious to the body. The body should be the temple, and you only have the one life. Who's going to take care of you when you get old ? The state ? Why should they ?

Edited by salsafan

Not being funny but can someone answer this.... If I order out or make it myself why is it healthier doing it at home? It's the same rubbish! Stake pie, fish, chicken, etc... What is a healthy home cooked meal? And why is it more healthy than a takeaway making it for you???

---------- Post added 05-04-2014 at 00:45 ----------

it's not healthy to eat out all the time they say.

Healthy home made lasagne Or order it from our local Italian restraint. what is the difference apart from it tastes better ordering it.

What does my oven have that they don't??? What makes home cooking more healthy for you, and not order out so much? I don't get it!!!

Jolly Fryer, Hillsborough. 4,50 huge portion, dry chips (as in not greasy), great fish. One is enough to share with two people as well.

Every fish and chip shop I go into, Ravenfield all day fish special is nice, chips, fish, curry or peas, with a riso or sausage for £3.50.

Not being funny but can someone answer this.... If I order out or make it myself why is it healthier doing it at home? It's the same rubbish! Stake pie, fish, chicken, etc... What is a healthy home cooked meal? And why is it more healthy than a takeaway making it for you???

---------- Post added 05-04-2014 at 00:45 ----------

it's not healthy to eat out all the time they say.

Healthy home made lasagne Or order it from our local Italian restraint. what is the difference apart from it tastes better ordering it.

What does my oven have that they don't??? What makes home cooking more healthy for you, and not order out so much? I don't get it!!!

Who said it's health er to cook it yourself?! If you eat crap, it doesn't matter who cooks it!!

Anyway, stop kidding yourself, stuffing a Bernard Matthews drumstick or burger in the oven isn't cooking. It's warming up processed food.

buying lean mince, adding bread crumbs, onion, herbs and spices, binding with an egg yolk and moulding into burgers, is cooking and it will be a lot healthier for you.