Clegg..We should take in Syrian refugees.

I'm not wasting too much time on digging up the precise figures, but over 70% of cases gets turned down.

I'd be interested to see where you got "over70%" from

If you just look at the logistics of it, without discriminating against who, as a country, we give "sanctuary" to. We are a comparitively small island, who are expected to take the same numbers as other, much larger countries. We are also a bit soft when it comes to immigrants, giving them benefits etc. Why do you think people cross numerous other countries to try and get into the UK? The council is right. WE ARE FULL!!

I'm already educated thank you, but thanks for the offer!:roll: Thanks for the links, I'll read them with interest.

If you just look at the logistics of it, without discriminating against who, as a country, we give "sanctuary" to. We are a comparitively small island, who are expected to take the same numbers as other, much larger countries. We are also a bit soft when it comes to immigrants, giving them benefits etc. Why do you think people cross numerous other countries to try and get into the UK? The council is right. WE ARE FULL!!

We are 13th per head of population in the EU. There are 28 countries in the EU, many of them far worse off than we are.

official figures mean nothing when no one knows how many are here illegally. when i have tried to talk to them they just give me a funny look then continue to stare at me.

Well you are wrong Clegg. Whoever will want to come next. Our city cannot cope with anymore. Does he not understand our concerns about housing shortages, schools packed out and our hospitals stretched to the limit?

The Syrian people are having a terrible time, but is it our problem? I feel sorry for them but enough is enough. Tell him to have a walk down Page Hall and then tell us there is no problem. Our council have told him we don't have the resources to cope but he says we could take maybe 5 or 10 or even 50 refugees. Bad times ahead for this great city of ours........or should i say what was once ours.

Maybe we should rent out his property for them. He never seems to be in Sheffield ever even though apparently he is our MP he is too busy debating on LBC in London.

As for refugees I am happy for them to seek refuge here from genuine distress abroad.

Maybe we should rent out his property for them. He never seems to be in Sheffield ever even though apparently he is our MP he is too busy debating on LBC in London.

As the idea of an MP is to represent us in Westminster, how much time do you expect an MP to spend here?

If he is your MP you make an appointment to see him in the surgery meetings just like every other Sheffield MP.

I would have thought that for Sheffield to be City of Sanctuary, it would have secured extra funding to pay for resources.

I've just Googled the name and found references to a number of other towns and cities that have that status.

We are 2nd class citizens in our own country....it stinks!

We are 2nd class citizens in our own country....it stinks!

Based on what?