Clegg..We should take in Syrian refugees.

What an odd interpretation of the research findings. So what would you have, that immigrants pay disproportionately more for services (which they do already according to the report) to satisfy your indignation towards them? Have a read of the report I reproduced an extract from, you'll see immigrants contributions are far from 'hugely negative'. Just as an example, a large proportion of immigrants to this country are professional people, their native countries have paid for their education and they use their skills here, whereas we Brits get it free or heavily subsidised-that's a massive cost that these immigrants don't incur. The age distribution of immigrants creates a bias to people of working age, the advantages of that are obvious and don't require further analysis.

The report you quote is smoke and mirrors to perpetuate a lie.

They calaculate that immigrants make a positive contribution by artificially reducing the amount they need to contribute for that contribution to be positive. They do not apportion an equal share in the costs associated with running the NHS and welfare system, the justice system, nuclear weapons, armed services, overseas aid etc, etc. They only look at the costs of the direct service and benefits received... which is a cheat.

If they did the calcuation honestly (divided total treasury expenditure by the number of adults/households) then the contribution of immigrants would fall way, wat short of their share.

The fact that immigrants tend to be young and do not initially cost the state much is a red herring. That will change and then who pays? Are we going to bring in another 2 immigrants for every low paid one we previously let in to parop up your pyramid scheme No, we need a sustainable immigration policy that lets in positive contributors and rejects the porpers who we ultimately have to subsidise.

Sheffield can't accommodate 10 refugees? That's a pretty poor effort.

Sheffield has accommodated more than enough...10 now, 10 tomorrow...when does it end? The face of this country has changed beyond recognition and it is now time to say enough is enough once and for all! That includes do gooding Sheffield I'm afraid.:rant:

Sheffield has accommodated more than enough...10 now, 10 tomorrow...when does it end? The face of this country has changed beyond recognition and it is now time to say enough is enough once and for all! That includes do gooding Sheffield I'm afraid.:rant:

What are you afraid of?

Wow, so many uneducated answers. I don't even know where to begin with refuting all your nonsense. Syrian refugees are being taken in by lots of countries around the world. The UK is actually taking a lower number than countries like Germany, not by a 2:1 factor either. Germany agreed to take in 10000, the UK 500. That is right, 20:1. And Sheffield takes none, pitiful and shameful. If each citizen in Sheffield contributes 1 pound we could take all 500 in one go. But no, "we are bum-hurt over the cuts, so we can't do it".

You lot are just parroting each others pub-hysteria, picked up through the tabloids without having any real idea about the scale of things. Get a grip.

It's not a question of being educated in one's answers. It is merely a fact that this once great city has no room for "extras" We cannot accomodate our own so how on god's earth any additions will help to sort this problem beggars belief. The other countries you mention are welcome to house them as over the years we as a nation have taken WAY MORE than our fair share. If you dispute this fact then take a stroll around the once lovely burngreave, pitsmoor, fir vale, page hall, firth park, tinsley and darnall areas to name but a few. Let's look after our own for a change and before I'm dubbed as racist I mean all British born folk wether white, black or purple with blue spots!:)

It's not a question of being educated in one's answers. It is merely a fact that this once great city has no room for "extras" We cannot accomodate our own so how on god's earth any additions will help to sort this problem beggars belief. The other countries you mention are welcome to house them as over the years we as a nation have taken WAY MORE than our fair share. If you dispute this fact then take a stroll around the once lovely burngreave, pitsmoor, fir vale, page hall, firth park, tinsley and darnall areas to name but a few. Let's look after our own for a change and before I'm dubbed as racist I mean all British born folk wether white, black or purple with blue spots!:)

There's an empty house at the bottom of my road.

What are you afraid of?

I'm not afraid of anything. I'm simply saying enough is enough and we need to protect our identity as do most other nations.

I'm not afraid of anything. I'm simply saying enough is enough and we need to protect our identity as do most other nations.

You said that you were afraid.

Have you told any other lies too?

There's an empty house at the bottom of my road.

Let's inform Sheffield City council and get it rented out to someone who is already in dire need of housing in this city then! Maybe some poor individual who is struggling to pay the bedroom tax!!!!

Let's inform Sheffield City council and get it rented out to someone who is already in dire need of housing in this city then! Maybe some poor individual who is struggling to pay the bedroom tax!!!!

It is privately owned. It has been empty for years.

Anyway, you said that we had no room. There's room at the bottom of my road.

Yet more inaccuracy from you.

You said that you were afraid.

Have you told any other lies too?

that was a turn of phrase..I am not going to rise to your taunts...you could possibly house 1 or 2 of the syrians in your home...as for me i'll focus on the poor people in this city who need our help just as much.

that was a turn of phrase..I am not going to rise to your taunts...you could possibly house 1 or 2 of the syrians in your home...as for me i'll focus on the poor people in this city who need our help just as much.

No. It was a factual statement. You said that you were afraid.

The Syrians could live in the house at the bottom of my road. I'd nip round with sandwiches when they were moving in. I'm not afraid of foreigners, you see.

No. It was a factual statement. You said that you were afraid.

The Syrians could live in the house at the bottom of my road. I'd nip round with sandwiches when they were moving in. I'm not afraid of foreigners, you see.

so the victims of bedroom tax don't warrant such hospitality? I am not afraid of foreigners either or I wouldn't live in this country. The fact remains we are full and need to look after our own. I don't wish to waste my time on you anymore tonight as I have a full days work to do tomorrow so this ridiculous government can take a bit more of my wage off me for your mates. It's been lovely hearing your views on things and I hope it has been equally as lovely for you...thumbs up to free speach :D