Clegg..We should take in Syrian refugees.

Keep banging that drum,

"Schoolboy errors" in UCL report claiming fiscal benefit to immigration

• Calculations discredited by fellow UCL professor of statistics"

http://www.civitas.org.uk/press/PRimmigration.html

I don't want to keep labouring the point..but Im going to ;)

I'd never heard of the UCL report until you reproduced an extract from it that had been seized upon by Migration Watch to denounce immigration...you can't have it both ways fella.

---------- Post added 14-04-2014 at 20:42 ----------

Whatever their problem is isnt the issue , its the fact that yet again the UK is getting lumbered .

Along with a whole host of other countries, particularly Jordan and Lebanon whom so far have given sanctuary to millions of Syrian refugees.

Look at the last 20 years you went to a school and 99% were english kids now i bet 30% are british kids i know one school has 20 different languages spoken and i bet in the next 20 years the english people will be a minority. Close the boarders send the ones that dont belong here back where they belong stop the benifits there gettin and give it to the people that have contributed into the system over the tears and fell on hard times. About time the britidh government opened there eyes and saw how the UK people are really living and trying to make ends meet on a weekly basis

Look at the last 20 years you went to a school and 99% were english kids now i bet 30% are british kids i know one school has 20 different languages spoken and i bet in the next 20 years the english people will be a minority.

You don't think those kids and their offspring will have assimilated quite happily into the native population just as the offspring of immigrants have done for centuries before them?

Classic reply from one of our Romanian friends coming here, as said tother day on the TV show. "What will you do if you cannot get benefits," With a wry smile he answered STEAL

Says it all to me, we are importing thieves and Parasites into our once GREAT Britain.

Angel*

I don't think they'll be as clever as our own who've been running the show in this country for some time now.

Look at the last 20 years you went to a school and 99% were english kids now i bet 30% are british kids i know one school has 20 different languages spoken and i bet in the next 20 years the english people will be a minority. Close the boarders send the ones that dont belong here back where they belong stop the benifits there gettin and give it to the people that have contributed into the system over the tears and fell on hard times. About time the britidh government opened there eyes and saw how the UK people are really living and trying to make ends meet on a weekly basis

When I went to primary school, over twenty years ago, I was one of three white kids out of a class of twenty. Had a great time, and the people I met there are lifelong friends.

When I went to primary school, over twenty years ago, I was one of three white kids out of a class of twenty. Had a great time, and the people I met there are lifelong friends.

I do not think anyone is commenting on the likeability of any of our immigrants like all people some are really amenable, some most definitely not and most are somewhere in between.

Like, I assume, most people I can get on with most people that want to get on with others. Immigrants are no exception to this. I have acquaintances of all races from many different countries.

Those of us that have foresight and or have woken up and smelled the coffee still do not have issues with individuals as such the problem lies with the big picture. Our culture our very way of life is threatened by numbers of immigrants already here and of course even more so by their continued arrival.

The muslim presence in the UK is still even unofficially under 10% and already they are operating about 90 Sharia courts. This is just insane no other minority ethnic group has their own courts not even the Welsh. In one London borough they have islamic patrols which are already trying to enforce sharia law through intimidation. Telling shop-keepers they can not sell alcohol, telling female shop staff what to wear. One American chap was beaten up for drinking a beer by one of these patrols.

Media coverage in the UK is a strange thing. On one hand the media and politicians continue to discuss the Stephen Lawrence murder after 20 years. Let’s face it, he was a young man who should have not been murdered but his case continues to get coverage year after year, and now due to alleged police actions.

Then we have the case of Charlene Downes who was murdered it is alleged by muslim kebab owners and her body cut up and disposed of. The two alleged suspects are still out there yet the police seem to be doing little in bring her murderers to justice. The media remain fairly silent on the campaign lead by Charlene’s mum and the BNP

Possibly because the BNP is involved and the media I'm told are not allowed to give any publicity to anything positive done by the BNP.

Then there`s the racists murder of young Scot Kriss Donald, yet again by Muslims.

Both these two kids where white and Stephen Lawrence was black. One gets all the attention, the other two receive little or no attention other than what the SDL or the BNP along with others do to keep the racists deaths in the public’s thoughts.

The media do nothing except continue to focus on the Lawrence case.

During a programme about pickpockets on channel 4 some of the Roma pickpockets during an interview said quite categorically that they could not wait to ge to London. These people had convictions and still expected to gain access legally to the UK.

It is of great concern as to what the situation will be in the UK in another one or two generations. There are enough very worrying stories in the mainstream press and there are yet more and far worse stories in other publications that are not concerned about losing readers or being 'PC'.

I do not think anyone is commenting on the likeability of any of our immigrants like all people some are really amenable, some most definitely not and most are somewhere in between.

Like, I assume, most people I can get on with most people that want to get on with others. Immigrants are no exception to this. I have acquaintances of all races from many different countries.

Those of us that have foresight and or have woken up and smelled the coffee still do not have issues with individuals as such the problem lies with the big picture. Our culture our very way of life is threatened by numbers of immigrants already here and of course even more so by their continued arrival.

The muslim presence in the UK is still even unofficially under 10% and already they are operating about 90 Sharia courts. This is just insane no other minority ethnic group has their own courts not even the Welsh. In one London borough they have islamic patrols which are already trying to enforce sharia law through intimidation. Telling shop-keepers they can not sell alcohol, telling female shop staff what to wear. One American chap was beaten up for drinking a beer by one of these patrols.

Media coverage in the UK is a strange thing. On one hand the media and politicians continue to discuss the Stephen Lawrence murder after 20 years. Let’s face it, he was a young man who should have not been murdered but his case continues to get coverage year after year, and now due to alleged police actions.

Then we have the case of Charlene Downes who was murdered it is alleged by muslim kebab owners and her body cut up and disposed of. The two alleged suspects are still out there yet the police seem to be doing little in bring her murderers to justice. The media remain fairly silent on the campaign lead by Charlene’s mum and the BNP

Possibly because the BNP is involved and the media I'm told are not allowed to give any publicity to anything positive done by the BNP.

Then there`s the racists murder of young Scot Kriss Donald, yet again by Muslims.

Both these two kids where white and Stephen Lawrence was black. One gets all the attention, the other two receive little or no attention other than what the SDL or the BNP along with others do to keep the racists deaths in the public’s thoughts.

During a programme about pickpockets on channel 4 some of the Roma pickpockets during an interview said quite categorically that they could not wait to ge to London. These people had convictions and still expected to gain access legally to the UK.

It is of great concern as to what the situation will be in the UK in another one or two generations. There are enough very worrying stories in the mainstream press and there are yet more and far worse stories in other publications that are not concerned about losing readers or being 'PC'.

My bold=

Jewish Beth din courts have bin operating in Britain since the eighties so you are wrong about about no other ethnic minority group having one.

My bold=

Jewish Beth din courts have bin operating in Britain since the eighties so you are wrong about about no other ethnic minority group having one.

More like a hundred years mafya.

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 06:47 ----------

Probably because the murderers of Kriss Donald were caught, convicted and given life sentences after a diligent police operation, that wasn't the case with Lawrence where corruption and racism in the police were identified as obstacles in the apprehension of his killers.

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 06:50 ----------

So to save yourself all this anxiety why don't you continue seeing people as individuals rather than representatives of a faceless group?

Ps please explain what 'our culture' is?

Edited by boyfriday

Classic reply from one of our Romanian friends coming here, as said tother day on the TV show. "What will you do if you cannot get benefits," With a wry smile he answered STEAL

Says it all to me, we are importing thieves and Parasites into our once GREAT Britain.

Angel*

We are also importing the top of the scientific world. Leading to inventions that are creating incredible value for this country, from mobile processor designs (ARM) to cancer drugs to leading arms systems.

Says it all to me, we are importing the greatest minds in the world into our once GREAT* Britain.

*Rapidly being made into LITTLE by nationalist sentiments.

I know how you and the dissenters like soundbites, so here's another...from the very same report you post from above prepared by the Economics Dept of UCL (I actually took the time to read it) and this extract is from the conclusions.

http://www.cream-migration.org/publ_uploads/CDP_22_13.pdf

Paying more than you receive in benefits is not the same as paying your share and that is where these 'academics' cheat to get the result they want.

The welfare system, the NHS, the education system, justice system, cost of government, armed services, nuclear weapons, overseas aid, debt repayment etc, etc all need to be paid for whether we are directly receiving a service or benefit. If we don't pay for them then this country ceases to be the place that it is, a place that is peaceful and successful, a place people what to migrate to. Everyone who lives here has an equal share of the cost of running the country and those paying their share or more are making a positive contribution and those paying less are making a negative contribution. It should be as simple as that but when we keep it that simple it return a result that some people want to cover up... a huge negative contribution by immigrants.

The report you quote is not based on contribution compared to share. It is based on contribution compared to reduced share. They reduce share by doing things like assuming immigrant are only liable for additional cost e.g. an increase spend on our armed services to protect a larger population (next to nothing). They reduce share by assuming immigrants aren't liable for a share in the full running costs of the NHS, education system, wefare system, justice system etc... they are just liable for what they directly take out. But it doesn't work like that. It is a cheat. The conclusion that they reach, and you quote, is a lie.

Btw, this is a discussion about offering sanctuary to Syrian refugees who will contribute bugger all to the system because they can't, and Im still happy to receive them

So, lie dealt with... back on subject.

I am not happy to receive Syrian refugees and the reason is our continued obsession with the multi-cultural dream. Or should I say fantasy.

We have been told for decades that we must welcome and celebrate diversity so as not to be racist. Whilst I have no problem welcoming people from any race, I do not extend that welcome to people from any culture... unless they are leaving it behind them to embrace our culture. The fact is it makes no sense to welcome people who bring with them cultural practices and beliefs that created the sort of places where people flee from the resultant poverty, oppression and fighting. Such beliefs and practices should not be respected, they should be challenged. And until we start to challenge them, I'm not interesting in bringing more people to this country with messed up ideas, beliefs and practices.

Are you going to list the countless hate crimes against Muslims in this country as well?

Paying more than you receive in benefits is not the same as paying your share and that is where these 'academics' cheat to get the result they want.

The welfare system, the NHS, the education system, justice system, cost of government, armed services, nuclear weapons, overseas aid, debt repayment etc, etc all need to be paid for whether we are directly receiving a service or benefit. If we don't pay for them then this country ceases to be the place that it is, a place that is peaceful and successful, a place people what to migrate to. Everyone who lives here has an equal share of the cost of running the country and those paying their share or more are making a positive contribution and those paying less are making a negative contribution. It should be as simple as that but when we keep it that simple it return a result that some people want to cover up... a huge negative contribution by immigrants.

The report you quote is not based on contribution compared to share. It is based on contribution compared to reduced share. They reduce share by doing things like assuming immigrant are only liable for additional cost e.g. an increase spend on our armed services to protect a larger population (next to nothing). They reduce share by assuming immigrants aren't liable for a share in the full running costs of the NHS, education system, wefare system, justice system etc... they are just liable for what they directly take out. But it doesn't work like that. It is a cheat. The conclusion that they reach, and you quote, is a lie.

What an odd interpretation of the research findings. So what would you have, that immigrants pay disproportionately more for services (which they do already according to the report) to satisfy your indignation towards them? Have a read of the report I reproduced an extract from, you'll see immigrants contributions are far from 'hugely negative'. Just as an example, a large proportion of immigrants to this country are professional people, their native countries have paid for their education and they use their skills here, whereas we Brits get it free or heavily subsidised-that's a massive cost that these immigrants don't incur. The age distribution of immigrants creates a bias to people of working age, the advantages of that are obvious and don't require further analysis.

So, lie dealt with... back on subject.

Just a different spin put on it.

I am not happy to receive Syrian refugees and the reason is our continued obsession with the multi-cultural dream. Or should I say fantasy.

I think you'll find this country's more obsessed with the class structure than multi-culturism, you'll rarely find the natives of one class fraternising routinely or living alongside those of another. I'm perplexed by what disturbs you about a multi cultural society, the world's multicultural and we rely on it to sustain our lifestyle as we've always done...so perhaps it's time to get over your insecurities.

We have been told for decades that we must welcome and celebrate diversity so as not to be racist.

You haven't been told you have to celebrate anything, to the most of us denouncing a group of people just because of their religion or skin colour is as daft as sticking needles in your own eyes.

Whilst I have no problem welcoming people from any race, I do not extend that welcome to people from any culture... unless they are leaving it behind them to embrace our culture. The fact is it makes no sense to welcome people who bring with them cultural practices and beliefs that created the sort of places where people flee from the resultant poverty, oppression and fighting. Such beliefs and practices should not be respected, they should be challenged. And until we start to challenge them, I'm not interesting in bringing more people to this country with messed up ideas, beliefs and practices.

I've no desire to embrace the negative aspects of anyone's culture either or have it forced upon me, but the evidence suggests that immigrants with a strong culture identity who come to the UK are subject to Western influences over time which dilute their interest in their own. The rigid adherence to the Jewish faith by Jews is one example, the acceptance of pre-stunned meat by many Muslims another.

Personally I'll not get too aerated by other cultures until I cease to see the benefits they bring which outweigh their shortcomings.