Clegg..We should take in Syrian refugees.

Did you? If you did you will have read that the parents are aspirational and want their kids to get to Uni, if you applied some critical thinking you would know that They speak English as well as another language.

How many languages do you speak clever clogs?

Only 3 I am afraid, but pray tell me what this has to do with kids in school not speaking English?

It is to do with the fallacy of the numbers in the article, these kids will speak English soon enough, if they don't already, as well as their own language and probably a few more. Thanks for taking the bait, now jog on.

i live in a area which is full of slovaks , just like page hall the problems here are shocking , i cant say ive ever had any problems with refugees or asylum seekers , but the roma are a something else , rubbish , noise , waste , etc.. try watching c5 next friday evening .

What a load of rubbish . We have our own people that need help without taking others in . Would like to see Nick Clegg taking in people where he lives.

Who are 'our own people'?

Why should I have more affiliation with a total stranger from England who might be struggling to pay his Sky TV bill than I would someone in fear of their lives in Syria?

Who are 'our own people'?

People born here. Fairly simple isn't it.

Why should I have more affiliation with a total stranger from England who might be struggling to pay his Sky TV bill than I would someone in fear of their lives in Syria?

Nice trivialisation of severe problems some of our own population face.

What severe problems? That all depends on your idea of severe doesn't it? In this country: If you want to earn a living you can, you can walk in the streets without constant fear of being shot or raped. You can vote for your democratic representation. If you are unable to work due to disability or illness there is a state healthcare system that looks after you.

In Syria most people have lost their houses, their jobs, friends and family. They are forced out of the area where they lived for centuries because some idiots decide it is time for war and are forced to live like animals in huge camps over the border. I would think there is a slight difference between their problems and our problems.

Do tell me more, can you give some examples please?

OOOh - well i dont approve of underage marriage / arranged marriage - i dont approve of enforced female circumcission / I dont approve of killing in the name of offended deieties / Im not too keen the interventions in the established education system (to accommodate non english speakers or non C of E )i was brought up with in my school years and i think thats enough isms for you to throw at me for now.

It used to be called a way of life in the 6o,s - there were no isms because we hadnt imported them.

On a good note though the Nottinghill carnival is a hoot

Edited by Hemibr

What severe problems? That all depends on your idea of severe doesn't it? In this country: If you want to earn a living you can, you can walk in the streets without constant fear of being shot or raped. You can vote for your democratic representation. If you are unable to work due to disability or illness there is a state healthcare system that looks after you.

In Syria most people have lost their houses, their jobs, friends and family. They are forced out of the area where they lived for centuries because some idiots decide it is time for war and are forced to live like animals in huge camps over the border. I would think there is a slight difference between their problems and our problems.

quite frankly i dont really care about other countries problems we have enough here to worry about, thats life get over it they are the cards that are delt.

Clegg is a deputy prime minister of a party in government - If he were serious or had any credibility then it would make sure it was done and not simply pass an opinion which these days is invariably that of "Im Shocked" - Hes lucky to be shocked - i cant afford the lecky

It wasn't a question I posed in your direction.

..and I already support their problems through my contributions to the tax system and they're free to spend that money on Sky TV if they choose to prioritise their needs in that way, I won't question them about it.

The refugees of Syria need sanctuary right now because they are being displaced and killed by a brutal regime, but hey let's not trivialise their problems.

---------- Post added 05-04-2014 at 12:02 ----------

quite frankly i dont really care about other countries problems we have enough here to worry about, thats life get over it they are the cards that are delt.

..assuming karma exists, you my friend will return to this earth as a weeping sore between the arse cheeks of a disgruntled silverback.

Your words are probably little comfort to our homeless, people surviving on foodbanks, or people refused lifesaving treatments because it's too expensive.

The problems of the Syrians are not unique to them, it is repilcated around the globe. Luckily for Syria it is surrounded by rich oil states who are much closer to them geographically and culturally.

It is to do with the fallacy of the numbers in the article, these kids will speak English soon enough, if they don't already, as well as their own language and probably a few more. Thanks for taking the bait, now jog on.

You really don't like it when you are proved wrong do you.

Maybe you should get your sister in law to give us some stats..

Thanks for the advice, just done 5 miles.

P.s you are really becoming repetitive and boring