Clegg..We should take in Syrian refugees.

Well you are wrong Clegg. Whoever will want to come next. Our city cannot cope with anymore. Does he not understand our concerns about housing shortages, schools packed out and our hospitals stretched to the limit?

The Syrian people are having a terrible time, but is it our problem? I feel sorry for them but enough is enough. Tell him to have a walk down Page Hall and then tell us there is no problem. Our council have told him we don't have the resources to cope but he says we could take maybe 5 or 10 or even 50 refugees. Bad times ahead for this great city of ours........or should i say what was once ours.

this annoyed me earlier on the radio. i think sheffield has done its bit to welcome people, let another city do theirs this time. we should help genuine cases but as a country, not just one or two cities already struggling with issues of immigrants

Not sure I agree with you, but they should be spread out equally and that meand london and the South East. Not shipped off to struggling areas.

Not sure I agree with you, but they should be spread out equally and that meand london and the South East. Not shipped off to struggling areas.

They also need funding. Sheffield has taken a financial hammering from the coalition. If they repay some of the money that they've taken, I'm sure that we could do more to help.

Sheffield can't accommodate 10 refugees? That's a pretty poor effort.

give them a good meal and send them on there way,

Plenty of other country's to take refuge in, Seems the majority of them only want to come to one of the smallest ones.

to seek Refuge means to seek a place of safety, There are many more country's on the way here that are safe to seek refuge but as usual it seems we are the number one destination.

Edited by jrowl

Not our problem but seems they will be ! :loopy:

There should be no more people let in this country period !

What a shameful lack of humanity and compassion.

Let them come and be welcomed by the vast majority of the population who understand that asylum seekers and refugees are fellow humans in dire need.

Wow, so many uneducated answers. I don't even know where to begin with refuting all your nonsense. Syrian refugees are being taken in by lots of countries around the world. The UK is actually taking a lower number than countries like Germany, not by a 2:1 factor either. Germany agreed to take in 10000, the UK 500. That is right, 20:1. And Sheffield takes none, pitiful and shameful. If each citizen in Sheffield contributes 1 pound we could take all 500 in one go. But no, "we are bum-hurt over the cuts, so we can't do it".

You lot are just parroting each others pub-hysteria, picked up through the tabloids without having any real idea about the scale of things. Get a grip.

Let them come and be welcomed by the vast majority of the population who understand that asylum seekers and refugees are fellow humans in dire need.

This.

Wow, so many uneducated answers. I don't even know where to begin with refuting all your nonsense. Syrian refugees are being taken in by lots of countries around the world. The UK is actually taking a lower number than countries like Germany, not by a 2:1 factor either. Germany agreed to take in 10000, the UK 500. That is right, 20:1. And Sheffield takes none, pitiful and shameful. If each citizen in Sheffield contributes 1 pound we could take all 500 in one go. But no, "we are bum-hurt over the cuts, so we can't do it".

You lot are just parroting each others pub-hysteria, picked up through the tabloids without having any real idea about the scale of things. Get a grip.

This also.

Of course we should take in Syrian refugees. It's the humane and proper thing to do.

I agree, just make sure it Leeds we direct them to!