My computer speakers picking a radio frequency

My computer is obviously on as using it. My speakers are also switch on, but not listening to anything through them, then I heard some radio chat, when I say radio I don't mean music radio I mean like CB radio. I can hear someone passing a massage of sorts but too low and distorted to fully understand.

How is this possible, never happened before?

Depends on lots of factors, the weather, how thick the atmosphere is, what other things are in the area...

there's always a chance of things like computer speakers etc picking up random radio signals from passing taxi's, emergency services or just people with CB radio's...

It doesn't happen often, but can... :)

Its pretty common for speakers to pick up and play signals. Most of the time these signals are just interference, but I have had a murmured noise once that I couldnt make out. The most common thing I get is interference from my mobile when its left near the speaker.

My computer is obviously on as using it. My speakers are also switch on, but not listening to anything through them, then I heard some radio chat, when I say radio I don't mean music radio I mean like CB radio. I can hear someone passing a massage of sorts but too low and distorted to fully understand.

How is this possible, never happened before?

You are probably picking up signals in the speaker leads, acting as an antenna. This then gets amplified in the speaker and you hear it. Most likley if it's suddenly started is that there is a radio amateur or a CB user nearby as their transmissions are likley to get picked up in this manner. The old issue of police and other emergency users being picked up has largely gone now they have moved to Tetra systems. It could also be a taxi company or car passingby.

You just reminded me of my old samsung 14" tv from years ago, it used to blurt out random bits of radio/cb chatter in the middle of the night. used to make me jump a mile as it was so random. :)

Are you close to anywhere that might be using PMR walkie talkies - building site, security, supermarket?