Idiot Motor Cycle Rider in the Peak District

As much as I am sure you lot are wringing your hands and trolling somewhat..

Have a word.

hope that idiot dies is not a nice sentiment is it? Be lovely for the family of someone who died to come on here and see this?

EDIT to add - the rider in that first video is a pillock and needs to learn to read a road and to ride within his limits.

Pity he didn't kill himself. Harsh but that's how I feel. What an idiot. Just hope he doesn't wipe some innocent party out before he wipes himself out. These speeders deserve everything they get

Yeah ... death penalty for anyone doing over 50mph, what about some kind of punishment for just owning a motorbike in the first place as they're going to break the law at some time ... I certainly have. Maybe life in prison?

I'm not saying I approve of the way this motorcyclist was riding (pretty daft in all honesty, although he doesn't deserve to die), but the whole thing about owning a motorbike is to have fun on it ... I see nothing wrong with speeding when it's safe.

50mph is not the upper limit of mankind's capacity to drive safely, merely a limit aimed at the lowest link for a 'safe' driving speed ... by 'lowest link' I mean those that seem incapable of doing mundane stuff like actually being able to park a car, put it in reverse, awareness, stuff like that, although they managed to scrape through their driving test ... you see them all the time.

Of course, this includes motorcyclists, but due to the very nature of the vehicle, to a lesser degree.

For some idea of what kind of fun you can have on a motorbike, watch

. I think the average speed is around 180mph. :)

As much as I am sure you lot are wringing your hands and trolling somewhat..

Have a word.

hope that idiot dies is not a nice sentiment is it? Be lovely for the family of someone who died to come on here and see this?

I agree, the best outcome is that the motorbike rider in this accident never gets on a bike again.

Snake is horrendous on a nice summers day for bikes. They drive without regard - in my opinion high powered motorbikes should have a severe tax/insurance penalty, there is a reason that motorbike RTAs account for a disproportionate number of RTA deaths in this country.

Thats a really good point. Lets be honest, some of these bikes are so powerful it only takes a second of broken concentration and being a bit to heavy with the accelerator and its carnage. There really is no need to have bikes with such power on public roads and if they must be there then MAKE them drive safer by making it more expensive. Im not one for hiking prices to fix problems but this problem is rather unique and i think high insurance coupled with making riders of powerful bikes take mandatory advance riding lessons could help reduce some of the deaths on the roads.

Yeah ... death penalty for anyone doing over 50mph, what about some kind of punishment for just owning a motorbike in the first place as they're going to break the law at some time ... I certainly have. Maybe life in prison?

I'm not saying I approve of the way this motorcyclist was riding (pretty daft in all honesty, although he doesn't deserve to die), but the whole thing about owning a motorbike is to have fun on it ... I see nothing wrong with speeding when it's safe.

50mph is not the upper limit of mankind's capacity to drive safely, merely a limit aimed at the lowest link for a 'safe' driving speed ... by 'lowest link' I mean those that seem incapable of doing mundane stuff like actually being able to park a car, put it in reverse, awareness, stuff like that, although they managed to scrape through their driving test ... you see them all the time.

Of course, this includes motorcyclists, but due to the very nature of the vehicle, to a lesser degree.

I don't think you can compare riding on open public roads (as in the OP) with riding on closed public roads...nothing wrong with speed in the right place...

Public roads are not the place to be 'having fun' as you say. If they want to ride like that then get on a track.

jb

OMG, this video actually made my tummy turn over, so God only knows what the driver of the car felt.

Lets hope the biker has learned from this.

Would it help if there were more access to tracks so this kind of racing can be done off the public roads?

The snakes always been bad, theres no excuse for driving fast on it as everyone knows how dangerous that road can be. In fact i used to go to school with someone who lost his sister on the pass. We are talking 30 years ago so its rep is very well known.

The issue with the snake is some of the drivers go too slowly! Yes it has bends but the limit is 50, I drive it 4+ times a week. What happens is you get people that travel it regularly and are quite adept drivers, they are slowed by people that think 25 is reasonable. You then get a queue of drivers behind them that become impatient, and start looking for the overtake spots.

To be fair there are probably only (Dams to Glossop) 5 good spots + 2 if you are really on the ball to pass. With a 50 speed limit even giving it a bit of stick you would struggle to average much over 50 in a 'normal' car.

Would it help if there were more access to tracks so this kind of racing can be done off the public roads?

There's a bike track day every month at Croft...and aboslutley loads at Cadwell.. Oulton Park does them as well..there's plenty of options if you want to do it..

Edited by truman

3 motoring offences to start with, speeding/crossing double and single white lines/endangering other road users. Why give the photo footage out for the police to have a field day, but lets hope they do and get this idiot off the road before he kills himself or someone else..

This.

Is there any follow up to the story?

I'd be godsmacked if he didn't at least get a caution seeing as how he provided evidence of his own law-breaking :loopy:

The issue with the snake is some of the drivers go too slowly! Yes it has bends but the limit is 50, I drive it 4+ times a week. What happens is you get people that travel it regularly and are quite adept drivers, they are slowed by people that think 25 is reasonable. You then get a queue of drivers behind them that become impatient, and start looking for the overtake spots.

To be fair there are probably only (Dams to Glossop) 5 good spots + 2 if you are really on the ball to pass. With a 50 speed limit even giving it a bit of stick you would struggle to average much over 50 in a 'normal' car.

And you also get people who think if you're doing the speed limit of 50 that's too slow. Last time I travelled it we did 50 the whole way (apart from some nasty bends of course) with an articulated lorry rammed up our arse that consistently straddled the lanes and then attempted to overtake us on blind corners with oncoming traffic slamming their horn at him.

It's the first and only time I've reported a driver as we felt so unsafe and intimidated. Going around some bends there in a car at that speed is tight enough, but apparently he wanted to go faster in a lorry. Madness.