The hope motor show at travelers

Hi classic fans ive heard the show at travelers has been cancelled due to boy racers upsetting the contabulary is this true?

Yes it's true, It says why here:http://www.sheffieldandhallamshiremc.co.uk/events.html

How sad been a few times, yes there is always some "showboating" but most harmless fun,.There has been a police car parked near the exit to stop any really silly stuff on the roads when the cars are leaving, great shame hope something is sorted and this show returns soon. There are far to few of these sort of events in this area (car or otherwise) shame to lose one of very few.

Cant help thinking the cancellation is a bit OTT. If there was a Police officer there why did the 'showboating' happen at all?

Lots of people who go generally stand on both sides of the road to watch the cars entered leave. The leaving cars to play to crowd usually rev their engines. Sound their horns, or set off a bit fast, only then to notice said parked police car.All to much cheering laughing by watching crowd. All is " good natured fun"

It seems from what I've read the problem is the safety of said pedestrians stood at side of road ??? Shame nice event enjoyed by people from all walks of life young and old. Do hope returns soon.

don't forget our lowedges classic vehicle free show sun aug 10th ,5 cash prizes,free entry ,lots of free things to do,so bring your car,van,lorry,bike ect,its fun,book now free rossettes to all booked vehicles.

I spoke to the Chair of S&HMC very recently. They are very upset and annoyed at the outcome of events, as the Show had been a fixture in everyone's calendar for many years, and whilst there has been some 'idiots' in the recent past there have been no RTA's, etc.

The locals accept the few hours disruption once a year, and a few thousand enthusiasts meet up for a natter, etc. A significant sum is also raised for charity.The event does require a licence, and every year the Club address all and any issues. Whilst at Inspector level the police were in accord with the Club, the local officer found fault with everything suggested. His interpretation of 'elfin safety' was sometimes fanciful. The Club were prepared to pay for on-event 'security' and the like, but more fences were raised every time a solution was agreed.

So S&H cancelled the event. This then caused some soul-searching by the authorities, as there are many other, similar, events up and down Derbyshire every year. Many have no licence, no liason, and no long-term point of organisation.

So the event will return in 2015. All interesting cars and bikes, and interested enthusiasts, will be very welcome.

Great news, this is such a popular event, as I have mentioned attended by a wide range of people old young etc. Good on those who have fought hard to rescue it. And many thanks for all the hard work they put into organizing it year on year. Such a shame that It seems one jobs worth seemed intent on ending it for all.Even when people have tried to offer solutions to problems! Thank goodness common sense and hard work has won though in the end. Look forward to the next one . Please forward my thanks and the thanks of many others who enjoy.

Cant help thinking the cancellation is a bit OTT. If there was a Police officer there why did the 'showboating' happen at all?

It was more than showboating I'm afraid, Look on Youtube it was an accident waiting to happen.

Just watched several clips on youtube and I have to say I'm quite shocked at the amount of people along the roadside and actually in the road egging on the people who are burning out etc,

Personally I don't see the harm in a bit of "showboating" if it's in a safe place but I agree with jdmarine, deffo an accident waiting to happen and the videos are much more like the scenes from a cruise in a supermarket car park rather than a car show!

Good luck to the organisers with turning the show around and getting it up and running again, it's a real shame these events are getting spoiled by idiots.

:(

This Monday 20th June great show dont miss