Council Tax 2014

Has the council tax bills been sent out yet? Not got mine.

You'll recieve it soon enough with a polite letter from Julie Doore who understands the financial pressures we are under so the tax was frozen. What she will not tell you is that they have been forced to by council tax rules. So do not be fooled.

Not strictly true Woodmally - The Government can't stop rises only offer small financial incentives to try to keep them as low as possible. There are councils who have raised their council tax bills this year and indeed SCC could have risen to anything up to 2% more without needing a referendum.

So when they say they have made a decision to freeze them, she is telling the truth.

We got told ours would be online? Wife needed four phonecalls to tell them she didn't want it online because the system didn't work (we needed some sort of code that we had never got before and somehow couldn't get either). All really silly, wasting money when there is none doesn't strike me as good policy.

I got my bill,not sure when, and I've gotta pay an extra £3 for the whole year!

Not sure I can afford that.

Registration online was a doddle.

Tim, what code was it asking for?

As long as you have your account number, on the top of the bill, then everything should be simple.

You also need your bank account number, last payment, Surname and postcode.

I got my a couple of weeks ago aswell

I haven't got my bill yet. I have called them twice and still no bill. I have stopped my rolling Direct Debit set up years ago because I am sick of having to beg for my bill every year.

I explained that I should know what I am paying before it is taken out of my account, I was told that I know it needs paying and when so should make allowances.

I have been told I cannot set up another direct debit until I receive a letter asking me to explain why I have stopped my 2014 direct debits, I have to call them and then repeat what I keep telling them but this time my letter will have a reference number on it and that I will be in arrears; Only then can I set up payments.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago.....I pay it off over the internet. :)

Regards

Doom

My wife recently went into a home and I am now entitled to a 25% reduction in my council tax My son called in the office to inform them and spent over an hour there But they still stop the full amount

Typical Sheffield Council

Can you not do this online? There is a link here which might be helpful in setting up an account.

Can you not do this online? There is a link here which might be helpful in setting up an account.

That's how I did mine.

Nice and simple and now I can forget about it until next March....Simples!!

Regards

Doom

I do not want to set up an online account, however easy it might be. I want the bill and the written notice under the direct debit guarantee we are entitled to.

But Denise's post makes it look like there is a deliberate policy not to send bills out to people with direct debits. Luckily there was (just) enough money in my account this morning, but it really isn't right for the council to treat people this way.

My wife recently went into a home and I am now entitled to a 25% reduction in my council tax My son called in the office to inform them and spent over an hour there But they still stop the full amount

Typical Sheffield Council

You have to double check everything. I phoned them to tell them I was moving a few months ago, and would still be living alone, just at a different address. When I got my bill they'd charged me the full amount, so I had to ask for single person discount, I just assumed it would transfer over?