Where does your dog sleep?

I read a similar thread, and many gave differing answers, their own bed, the owners bed, their own bedroom or a crate.

Crates are more popular these days, from what I have read the dogs seem happy to sleep in the crates.

But I would have thought that crates would be used more during the day, when people leave their dogs home alone, for the odd hour.

How do you use your crate, or do you not have the need?

Our old GSD sleeps anywhere, she's got full run of house, mostly she likes her bed though which is next to back door - never used a crate for her.

Our little x papillon sleeps in her basket next to my side of the bed. I do sometimes wake up in the morning & find her in with me, but only if my hubby is not in the bed :hihi: - used a crate when we 1st got her for safety reasons, because our x staffy didn't like her, took nearly a year for x staffy to get on with her.

Outside

Animals in the house make it smell

We've never needed a crate for Molly. She sleeps in our room in a bed watching my side of the bed or (in typical GSD style) across the doorway. We started off with the bed around the other side of the room but she refused to sleep where she couldn't see me.

I operate a very large crate-type thing for the cats though- they have their own bedroom at night.

My 4month old puppy sleeps in her crate at night downstairs,she has from day one.We put her in it when we go out for short times during the day to keep her out of mischief, it is routine now with her and she is happy with it,

I work from home so she is not alone in the day.

She also has a bed in the living room ,but many times she prefers to go in her crate in the kitchen with the door open.

He tends to sleep in his crate but with the door open, more often than not though we'll wake up to him wedged between us.

Ours had a crate as a puppy - invaluable to help with housetraining and to keep her safe while we were asleep/out (she had a thing for chewing wires which I'm sure you can imagine could be pretty disastrous).

She sleeps in a dog bed on the floor in our bedroom now though, and she's allowed up on the bed when the alarm goes off in the morning.

Our dog sleeps in bed with us. He likes to snuggle in a ball next to me until he gets to hot.

He has his basket in the bedroom and usually ends up in that at some point during the night

Down stairs they sleep where ever they want to, usually on me or the sofa :rolleyes: they do have a crate which is used for 2 when we go out, it is open all of the time otherwise and sometimes they chose to sleep in there.

At night they all sleep in my bedroom in their own baskets, they tend to jump onto the bed for a bit of a cuddle in the morning when I wake up.

My dog has her own bedroom. She sleeps in there in a pink princess tent which is full of duvets and fleecy blankets. When my boyfriend gets up for work early in the morning, she comes and joins me in my bed.

Down stairs during the day, she sleeps on the sofa (usually on my knee) :)

dobermanns are velcro hounds- can't bear to be parted from their humans - we've installed a dog gate to stop her following us into the bathroom, lol (and so tht the cats have somewhere dog-free to eat) but like our first dobe, Jesse usually snoozes at the end of our bed - she will sleep on the floor or in her own dog bed (something Ailsa would never have done), but she prefers to be leaning against one of us. the cats take it in turns to find their favorite perch - either on top of a radiator cover, under the bed or in one of several cat beds - or if feeling particularly lucky, next to the dog.