Barlow hunt.. Alpaca

3 hours ago, Saffy said:

Ah, they’re already out and about ‘exercising the hounds’ Hunt speak for ‘cubbing’

https://animaljusticeproject.com/2016/08/30/fox-hunting/ - in fact they were out on Wednesday 26th August and their pa MP Lee Rowley joined them for a well deserved can of pop and beefburger, before mentioning that he would be talking to Senior Police Officials to see what can be done with the Riff Raff that come and protest. (Because we’re supposed to doff our cap’s to the big Mesters)

Still doesn't sort out the feral foxes that are now rampant around the city because of a lack of vermin control - we used to have dog patrols which would round up stray dogs - perhaps we could get some to round up stray foxes... (and take them to the fox pound and then put them down in a variety of ways...?

But hold on - that wouldn't be fair would it ?

The little foxy woxes (?sp) have the right to rampage through the gardens of Sheffield, eating what they want, shredding livestock and bin bags on the way don't they? Or do they?

Saffy, perhaps you advocate we should be encouraging vermin foxes to own our streets, eat our guinea pigs / rabbits/ chickens or should we give people the right to shoot foxes in their back gardens as you suggest?????

Wouldn't it be better to control the issue at source?

Isn't prevention better than cure?

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Still doesn't sort out the feral foxes that are now rampant around the city because of a lack of vermin control - we used to have dog patrols which would round up stray dogs - perhaps we could get some to round up stray foxes... (and take them to the fox pound and then put them down in a variety of ways...?

The little foxy woxes (?sp) have the right to rampage through the gardens of Sheffield, eating what they want, shredding livestock and bin bags on the way don't they? Or do they?

Saffy, perhaps you advocate we should be encouraging vermin foxes to own our streets, eat our guinea pigs / rabbits/ chickens or should we give people the right to shoot foxes in their back gardens as you suggest?????

Yes.

But chasing foxes on horseback, for entertainment is:

a) Barbaric

and

b) A stupidly inefficient way of controlling urban foxes.

I don’t understand your argument 

Do you know, I’ve got nothing against farmers shooting foxes - clean kill, but a bunch off toss pots hunting them and chasing them down?  I don’t think an decent person can agree that that is sporting in any way.  

Anyone who dons a silly red coat to encourage dogs to chase & kill a fox, whilst telling everyone that they aren't encouraging dogs to chase & kill a fox should have the tables turned on them.

1 hour ago, Saffy said:

Do you know, I’ve got nothing against farmers shooting foxes - clean kill, but a bunch off toss pots hunting them and chasing them down?  I don’t think an decent person can agree that that is sporting in any way.  

I think I’m a decent person. Of course it’s sporting; the fox has a sporting chance of getting away. 

23 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

I think I’m a decent person. Of course it’s sporting; the fox has a sporting chance of getting away. 

Until it goes to ground and the terrier men send the dogs in flush it out, then the hounds rip it to bits! 

Decent people can get their'rocks off' in strange ways....

32 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

A sporting chance of the fox escaping is a far removed thought from a fox or any other animal being killed or made to suffer to satisfy some strange human compulsion .

Also consider the fate of the fox hounds which may be killed as pups or certainly culled when past their prime.

To my mind it’s a barbaric practice which deserved to be banned and prosecuted.

Edited by RJRB

38 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Sporting would be if the fox had an equal opportunity to chase down and rip apart the dogs, horses and humans.

Does it have that by any chance??

Sporting would be both sides being equal

Does the cowardly human run after the fox on his own??

Edited by alchemist

21 hours ago, Litotes said:

Urban foxes aren't the ones being hunted by a pack of dogs and people on horses though, are they?

23 hours ago, Litotes said:

What do you mean, "control the issue at source"?

20 hours ago, melv said:

Until it goes to ground and the terrier men send the dogs in flush it out, then the hounds rip it to bits! 

Decent people can get their'rocks off' in strange ways....

What a load of tosh.

22 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Now you’re  just trolling ...