Barlow hunt.. Alpaca

20 minutes ago, Saffy said:

Have to say, I was only laughing at your comment, NOT the article.  

Well aware of this, as I live very near where the fox was ripped to shreds - the video does not make pleasant viewing, especially as you see the fox close up.   

The Barlow Hunt are having their ‘ball’ on Saturday 25th January at The Casa Hotel in Chesterfield ... if anyone wishes to join, I am sure the Barlow Sabs will appreciate you coming along and laughing at them from 6pm.  

Indeed - I am a member x

Indeed....!

Hmmm.

I always love a comment when 'Indeed' is mentioned.

Shows some class...Not something the common Riff-Raff  would say...Let's say. !

*Chuckle* 

- and on that note, I am off for my 40 winks ... old age and all that :) 

Another season coming up ... after the fox that was killed by the Barlow Hunt on 17th December near Darley Dale, Derbyshire ...  wonder if they are going to continue to deny they do NOT trail hunt./

I pity my neighbour whose chickens were shredded by a local fox...

Didn't happen in the old days - we didn't have nearly as many feral foxes running through the gardens of Sheffield.

I wonder what's changed?

Am sorry to hear about your neighbour.  My sister has hens ... she also had badgers (2 of) ... and 3 foxes, that visit nightly.    She locks her hens up securely - as I’m sure your neighbour does ... but do you really think that chasing a fox with hounds and guffawing idiots on horses, is the same as a clean shoot from a farmer?  

I have absolutely nothing against a farmer with a shotgun ... but I do with people thinking this is a fun sport.

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Didn't happen in the old days - we didn't have nearly as many feral foxes running through the gardens of Sheffield.

I wonder what's changed?

The horses probably can’t get past all the cars parked on the pavements

Edited by Pettytom

2 hours ago, Saffy said:

Am sorry to hear about your neighbour.  My sister has hens ... she also had badgers (2 of) ... and 3 foxes, that visit nightly.    She locks her hens up securely - as I’m sure your neighbour does ... but do you really think that chasing a fox with hounds and guffawing idiots on horses, is the same as a clean shoot from a farmer?  

I have absolutely nothing against a farmer with a shotgun ... but I do with people thinking this is a fun sport.

I agree, but actually that is more indiscriminate and does nothing for the fox population dynamics.

And are you advocating that my neighbour should have a shotgun?

[You haven't met my neighbour!]

Hahah, no, certainly not, but unfortunately that’s nature ... as I said previously,  I’m sure you and your neighbour would agree, the chasing of  a fox unti it was exhausted and Then letting hounds tear apart, is quite frankly, barbaric as it is human beings not animals (though I’m a little iffy on that point) who lead the hunt. 

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

I wonder what's changed?

The amount of litter left on the streets, probably?

The half-eaten, leftover meals abandoned on the streets around here would feed the starving kids of Africa, let alone the local rats and the foxes.

I'd gladly hunt the vermin down.  That'll teach 'em to throw their litter on the streets.

On 16/08/2020 at 19:04, Saffy said:

Indeed.  😉🧐

On 16/08/2020 at 19:04, Saffy said:

^^^^^^^^

Not allowed to say on here what I really feel about pro-hunters.

Ah, they’re already out and about ‘exercising the hounds’ Hunt speak for ‘cubbing’

https://animaljusticeproject.com/2016/08/30/fox-hunting/ - in fact they were out on Wednesday 26th August and their pa MP Lee Rowley joined them for a well deserved can of pop and beefburger, before mentioning that he would be talking to Senior Police Officials to see what can be done with the Riff Raff that come and protest. (Because we’re supposed to doff our cap’s to the big Mesters)