Barlow hunt.. Alpaca

How come there's no evidence of this event ever happening? I mean, something so ghastly would have made regional news, at least. All I can find relating to this event are a few facebook pages. There doesn't appear to be anything out there which is not associated with animal rights web pages etc.

I don't listen to Toby Foster, and many others don't, so we were unlikely to know about this interview.

Including the sheffield forum thread. :(

Well, things seem to have changed since when I lived in Barlow in the 60s. Then the dogs hadn't caught a fox for ten years. When they did chase one it got run over. All the hunt ladies were crying in the pub afterwards.

Well, things seem to have changed since when I lived in Barlow in the 60s. Then the dogs hadn't caught a fox for ten years. When they did chase one it got run over. All the hunt ladies were crying in the pub afterwards.

Am I reading this correctly. They were happy to participate in a sport where their dogs chase and rip a fox to pieces, but the fact it got hit by a car made them cry. :loopy:

Am I reading this correctly. They were happy to participate in a sport where their dogs chase and rip a fox to pieces, but the fact it got hit by a car made them cry. :loopy:

Well, as I said, they had not caught one for years so you could hardly call them bloodthirsty, my impression was they met outside the pub, got a bit drunk, raced off in all directions, dogs all over the place (one had three legs). They returned with knackered horses covered in mud, and started drinking again. Seemed pretty harmless to me.

The fox that got killed by the car was mourned, no doubt about that.

How come there's no evidence of this event ever happening? I mean, something so ghastly would have made regional news, at least. All I can find relating to this event are a few facebook pages. There doesn't appear to be anything out there which is not associated with animal rights web pages etc.

I don't listen to Toby Foster, and many others don't, so we were unlikely to know about this interview.

Now you mention it ive not been able to find a single thing about it apart from whats been wrote on here, I thought it was just me and my rubbish googling skills. It seems it may not be.

Wow. This has been covered up.at the time, the man whose alpaca it was, was on TV UpNorth.  It all went quiet and I can only imagine the man was paid off. 

Barlow  Hunt ran after and killed a fox on December 17th 2019 ... they say they use scent trails, but why would you need terrier men if you were only following a scent?  

10 hours ago, Saffy said:

Wow. This has been covered up.at the time, the man whose alpaca it was, was on TV UpNorth.  It all went quiet and I can only imagine the man was paid off. 

Barlow  Hunt ran after and killed a fox on December 17th 2019 ... they say they use scent trails, but why would you need terrier men if you were only following a scent?  

The dogs follow the scent, the horses follow the dogs.

Sooo, the dogs mistook the scent of the alpaca and the fox for the scents laid down by a man or did he have ‘any kind of thing that moves’ scent?   😀  Also, why have terrier men on a scent hunt?  I’m puzzled?  

3 minutes ago, Saffy said:

Hahaha!  X. 

Have to say, I was only laughing at your comment, NOT the article.  

Well aware of this, as I live very near where the fox was ripped to shreds - the video does not make pleasant viewing, especially as you see the fox close up.   

The Barlow Hunt are having their ‘ball’ on Saturday 25th January at The Casa Hotel in Chesterfield ... if anyone wishes to join, I am sure the Barlow Sabs will appreciate you coming along and laughing at them from 6pm.  

1 minute ago, craigmason said:

Barlow residents who are against the hunt have a facebook group ask about alpaca on there

https://www.facebook.com/Locals-Against-The-Barlow-Hunt-112752006859716/

Indeed - I am a member x