Trapped nerve in neck

Has anybody ever experienced a trapped nerve in neck. Not sure how I have done it but have had it for two weeks. It is absolute agony with throbbing right arm which feels like it is burning. Have not slept for a week as I can't find any position which alleviates it.

I have been to doctors who gave me Paracodol which is not having any effect. I have seen a physio but still not helped.

Has anybody experienced this? what helped you?

Thanks

I think I've got something similar. My GP says its bursitis which is inflamation of the fluid sac around the shoulder joint. I don't agree as the pain is similar to yours and seems to be from the neck, down the shoulder blade, and down the bicep. It is painful to pick anything up with my right hand at the moment. Trouble is, my GP wants to give me pain killing injections. What's the point of that? I need to know how to correct it. Good luck with is, let me know if you fnid a solution.

---------- Post added 05-04-2014 at 11:31 ----------

I forgot to say that I have arthritis of the neck and sometimes it seems to get "stuck" when I turn it to the right.

I think I've got something similar. My GP says its bursitis which is inflamation of the fluid sac around the shoulder joint. I don't agree as the pain is similar to yours and seems to be from the neck, down the shoulder blade, and down the bicep. It is painful to pick anything up with my right hand at the moment. Trouble is, my GP wants to give me pain killing injections. What's the point of that? I need to know how to correct it. Good luck with is, let me know if you fnid a solution.

---------- Post added 05-04-2014 at 11:31 ----------

I forgot to say that I have arthritis of the neck and sometimes it seems to get "stuck" when I turn it to the right.

Hi I have so far had two injections for the same problem as yours. Also physio. No help at all. I have read online about the problem, seems the next step is surgery.

Have you considered Reiki? I was persuaded to try it for some long running (8 year) joint issues. I've had Physio, X-rays, MRI, cortisone injections, been diagnosed with bursitis, bakers cysts, inflammatory disease that came with Norris yellow talents that I would have to take for life, but weren't guaranteed to make it better.... Basically, medics couldn't diagnose anything conclusively. I've just given up and turned to reiki instead.. If you can be open to it and find a qualified and recommended practitioner you might as well give it a go. I've had 2 sessions so far and it's done me more good than all the time spent in the doctors and hospitals in the last 8 years.

Have you thought about acupuncture ?

Many years ago when I had a trapped nerve in the neck and had very little movement in the right arm, neither steroid injections nor physio helped. Painkillers were not appropriate, of course. The best help I got was from an osteopath.

I hope you soon find something that works for you.

If all painkillers could not help your pain on the heck, shoulders and back, you may consider to try the traditional tai chi relax and sample exercise.

I have been try and it is the best way to help yourself. Any questions you may write to me and ask me for free.

My Mail: Englandrose24@yahoo.co.uk