Getting rid of a council house without a charge

Thanks for all your comments and information, your comments have all been really helpful. Exchange it is I think, then get rid of the new one so I won't have to pay all the charges for putting the work back and someone can get all the benefit of the alterations and furnishings etc. I'm happy to leave it almost fully furnished. I don't need the things in the house and I hate throwing good things away.

I have had someone contact me on private messages asking where the house is etc. I have tried to reply but its saying I can't as I haven't posted "enough" threads, so I'm looking into it, so if you get this please don't think I'm ignoring you.

Many thanks

Thanks for all your comments and information, your comments have all been really helpful. Exchange it is I think, then get rid of the new one so I won't have to pay all the charges for putting the work back and someone can get all the benefit of the alterations and furnishings etc. I'm happy to leave it almost fully furnished. I don't need the things in the house and I hate throwing good things away.

I have had someone contact me on private messages asking where the house is etc. I have tried to reply but its saying I can't as I haven't posted "enough" threads, so I'm looking into it, so if you get this please don't think I'm ignoring you.

Many thanks

Have you contacted the housing to see exactly what you would need to do to avoid any charges as far as I can see you are just assuming that you would be recharged for everything this is not the case.

Even if you mutually exchange an inspection will still take place to make sure the house is as you agreed (in the past people had trashed properties and left the new tenant to deal with it)

Many thanks

Beware the mutual exchange, you could be moving into a property that will cost you more to put right than the one you have moved out of. The council will not intervene if there are issues as you have taken the property 'as seen' and mutually.

Good luck!