Optio Red discontinued - options?

Hi

I hear the Optio red ticket for the 52 service is not being issued as from tomorrow. What's the best option from now on? Is it just waiting in the cold/rain until the 52 turns up that you have bought a weekly saver for (Stagecoach or First) or just single fares? I am baffled by the TravelSouthYorkshire site which still shows the Optio and old fares.

Ta muchly, Duckegg

Hi

I hear the Optio red ticket for the 52 service is not being issued as from tomorrow. What's the best option from now on? Is it just waiting in the cold/rain until the 52 turns up that you have bought a weekly saver for (Stagecoach or First) or just single fares? I am baffled by the TravelSouthYorkshire site which still shows the Optio and old fares.

Ta muchly, Duckegg

From firstbus website.

Sheffield Optio tickets withdrawn;

FirstDay, Week, Month and Annual Sheffield network tickets are currently accepted by other operators on their Optio routes, and this will not change;

We also accept other operators' network tickets on our Optio routes (42, 44, 42, 52, 120) and this will not change;

Sheffield CityWide tickets may offer you best value if you use several services, and this range of tickets continues to be available without any changes

Jimmy1975, Hi, thanks for this - I had only looked on TravelSouthYorkshire and Stagecoach sites. It seems a weekly First will do the trick on both services.

Duckegg :)

The promotional Optio only tickets are withdrawn.

However if you buy either

- a First Sheffield Weekly ticket (£12)

- a Stagecoach Sheffield Bus Only Weekly Megarider (currently £11.50)

these will be accepted on both operators services on route 52 and 120 as well as the rest of that operators bus network in Sheffield.

As before, there is also the Citywide option valid on all buses and trams in Sheffield regardless of operator for £17 per week.

Thanks, Andy. Not too bad then - just a pound or so more.... It's still good value

I'm glad someone else has asked this. I use the Optio Orange and so need to get a new pass tomorrow.

I picked up a flier on a Stagecoach 123 today which said that "Sheffield bus only megariders will continue to be valid for travel for First services 42, 44, 52 and 120..." but when I asked the driver he said that the *only* ticket that would let me ride on both First and Stagecoach was the £17 Citywide.

If my reading of the flier and this thread is right, I can get a £11.50 Megarider or £12 First Sheffield Weekly ticket. Neither of which I mind, as Duckegg its still good value.

If my reading of the flier and this thread is right, I can get a £11.50 Megarider or £12 First Sheffield Weekly ticket. Neither of which I mind, as Duckegg its still good value.

It may say that, but from the experience watching passengers on my bus the last couple of days I don't think the bus companies are letting the other companies tickets be used, despite what the flier says :confused:

It may say that, but from the experience watching passengers on my bus the last couple of days I don't think the bus companies are letting the other companies tickets be used, despite what the flier says :confused:

That seems to be the theme on this and the other bus fare thread. I am not sure if its not allowing them or drivers not being informed - either way its the passenger that has to try and guess whether their pass will be accepted :(

I guess I'll just buy a pass from first (small F) bus that comes this morning.