Anyone wanting to volunteer??

Hi I found a volunteering placement after posting on SF for voluntary work at tradebase allotment in the S5 area. We are a gardening project and I been there a month now and it's fun. I been planting seeds, a little weeding and a little bit of digging. At the moment we're erecting a poly tunnel up so we can grow strawberries and I have already taken some broccoli and lettuce ( we share what we grow ) home with me with what has been grown there. I am also in the next two weeks going on a overnight gardening course in Chester with tradebase learning how to plant seeds as I am a beginner. I am posting this because we're always in need of extra volunteers. The focal point of tradebase is that we cater for adults with learning difficulties so if anyone reading this wants to volunteer or if you or anyone in your family has a learning difficulty and just wants to get some fresh air then come and join us. We run on a Monday and Thursday from 9.30 till about 1pm and on a Saturday from 10am. We have hot/cold drinks inbetween and homemade soup and bread at the end of each session. Everyone there is very friendly and helpful so if your interested in volunteering or just want to get out of the house a few times a week then drop a comment below and I will respond back to you with more details on exactly where we are based. Thank you ..

Tradebaseallotment.btck.co.uk

I just wanted to say what a wonderful idea this is and to wish you and your fellow gardeners good growing weather and every success in your endeavours.

I just wanted to say what a wonderful idea this is and to wish you and your fellow gardeners good growing weather and every success in your endeavours.

Yes indeed.:thumbsup:

It does sound like an excellent project lets hope you get a few volunteers

I'll certainly spread the word

Hi its on Windmill Lane S5, there are some allotments on that road, its a Five minute walk from Firth Park shopping centre.. Thank You

hinde house no thanks ... don't fancy getting stabbed

Asteroid, you had a lucky escape .....

hinde house no thanks ... don't fancy getting stabbed

No you're OK .The plants are quite harmless.