Can anyone recommend a good place for doing car service/MOT?

What should I expect to pay for a full car service + MOT? Any recommended garages? Many thanks.

I use Shiregreen Service Station on Sicey Ave, S5 - always been really happy with them

come and do your own service at my garage then the mot, save some money, look at my advertisement on the side

It all depends on the car and what needs doing. You can go to some crap garage and pay for a so called full service but you don't know what they actually do.

I like to follow my cars service schedule from the manufacturer, for example it's last service required some parts changed on the air con unit, if I had just gone to your average garage and paid for a generic service I doubt those parts would be changed.

Also these fixed price service packages will probably use cheap, crap oil and parts. How else can some offer a full service for like 100 pound with a free mot?

Just remember you get what you pay for, find a good independent garage who will tell you what they are actually going to do etc...

Edited by ryder8904

Thinking of using Steve Plain's garage for a fullservice of my 206, hasn't had one for three years, its around 200 for a full service, is that good?

Thinking of using Steve Plain's garage for a fullservice of my 206, hasn't had one for three years, its around 200 for a full service, is that good?

Steve Plain's garage is not a particularly pretty sight, perhaps a bit rough and ready in appearance, but I have had good service from there and know of other people who have too. You might not be called Sir/Madam and invited to sit down and have a complimentary coffee, but I would rather do without these and have some confidence that what I paid for was done and properly. As to the cost, it might be worth checking with Steve Plain and a Peugeot garage and see what they would both do for the charge they would make.

booked in, tx

btw, you are so right, have used steve a few times, good service but luxury, it ain't!