Co-operative Bank

Just had a letter informing me that the branch on West Street is moving to merge with the Britannia branch on Pinstone Street which will be re branded The Co-operative Bank.

Wonder how much they will get by selling the West Street site will it become another block of apartments ?

Yes, I received one yesterday ..not that happy as West Street is ideal for me to call into on my way to work.

Yes, I received one yesterday ..not that happy as West Street is ideal for me to call into on my way to work.

Whereas Pinstone street is ideal for me :)

As for it's future use - I can't see them converting it easily as it's a horrible building, probably a knock down and start again project..

Would agree best to knock it down as the building is quite small in relative terms. All banks have closed branches though as they have moved online and a lot more cash services are satisfied by using debit cards. the point being all the other banks and building societies have reduced their network over the years.

I was shocked that Co-op don't have an available playlist of the music played on CD in their stores?

Only today I heard a song, before James Blunt I think, that sounded familiar? Shazam doesn't work offline, dammit.

Just had a letter informing me that the branch on West Street is moving to merge with the Britannia branch on Pinstone Street which will be re branded The Co-operative Bank.

Not surprising, in view of the Bank's parlous financial state (largely caused by buying BBS in the first place).