Arson attack on Graves Park Animal Farm

One person is raising money to try and save peoples lives and assist a hospital ward whihc was threatened with closure and helps a lot of children who are very ill without much prospect of a healthy life

One person is saying that its ok for kids with no morals to cause wilful distruction of property and that its the polices fault for not patrolling more and nothing to do with the low lifes who do it.

Not much difference in the two views is there Alas? Got any other clap trap you wish to pick up on from my post or is your view so good that you try to pick up on the fund raising i am doing for a hospital. Thats not been a do-gooder, thats supporting a charity.

Its a worthy cause mate, i salute you. You are behaving like a bit on a dick on this thread though. You need to take it down a peg or two and try to relax a bit :)

i know Leather but it gets my goat when people come on and try to say that it isnt the kids fault and that others are to blame.

to me its pretty simple

if they dont do it - it does need policing or dealing with

end of.

nothing more complicated than that

Mods - sorry for the masked swearing :)

i know Leather but it gets my goat when people come on and try to say that it isnt the kids fault and that others are to blame.

to me its pretty simple

if they dont do it - it does need policing or dealing with

end of.

nothing more complicated than that

Mods - sorry for the masked swearing :)

Its an emotive subject, youre bound to get worked up. Im very upset about it. I love that place, i mean it stinks to high heaven but i go a lot just for a walk around and to see the animals.

To think what they went through for the sake of some weirdos kicks is horrific! Ive n ot seen anyone say they arent to blame though. Some have suggested others share the responsibility, i dont agree with this but i see their point of view but in all honesty i dont think anyone is saying these vermin are blameless.

Exactly, the culprits need finding and put to justice. But IMO the parks, and ultimately the council, need to tighten up on gangs of older kids in parks, specifically Meersbrook and Graves

We need to help Graves and Heeley City Farm invest in better security and CCTV. The culprits need to be caught and punished. These incidents of unacceptable cruelty need to stop.

Kids hanging around in gangs in parks don't do stuff like this.

The perpetrator needs catching and evaluated because this sounds more like trainee serial killer behaviour than mindless vandalism.

Kids hanging around in gangs in parks don't do stuff like this.

The perpetrator needs catching and evaluated because this sounds more like trainee serial killer behaviour than mindless vandalism.

Well they've managed to burn down half of Meersbrook Park, so I'm not so sure.

Pity today's youth have nothing better to do !!!!!

You hear of people setting their dogs on fire, putting kittens in the microwave, a solicitor leaving her dog to die in the kitchen, pigeon lofts being set alight, animals being shot at.....

the list is endless, how anyone can be so cruel to defenceless animals is beyond human comprehension.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again.....its about time the government re-introduced corporal punishment and parents brought up their children with morals !

I totally agree! It makes me so sickened to keep hearing about these vile, disgusting, evil attacks on defenceless creatures. Also vile acts on children too. I would like to see people like this getting a public beating to be honest and I don't really like violence but they repulse me so much and there's not enough punishment, this is why people do stuff like this, they know they'll get off lightly!

What part of staying within for rules do you fail to understand?

Posts containing masked swearing have been removed. Any more masked swearing on this thread and suspsensions will be issued.

I think we should bring the 'Parkie's' back - if SCC can't afford a brand spanking new Honda 125cc bike, he can do what the bloke in that Moneysaving advert does, and ride an invisible one through the park

If things get fraught, he can wag his finger in a very patronising manner. That should sort those young scamps.

Nothing that can be said but scum!

Well I see that before the crime happened the police were informed . . who no doubt ignored it in case it made their crime figures look bad.

Nowadays you're in a lose-lose situation with scummy kids. Report them to the police and you're ignored. Take them on yourself and you get stabbed or arrested. No surprise they're out of control, they're untouchable.